Discussion topic: Sky Mobile & Apple Watch eSIM

This message was authored by scottieman333 This message was authored by: scottieman333

Sky Mobile & Apple Watch eSIM

OK, so so many people are asking SKY Mobile about this , and with so many new phones from both apple & samsung and others all having dual sim or eSIM, Sky mobile has to do something soon.

I just about jumped ship away from Sky mobile this week, with all 5 of my mobiles, because afetr spending a fortune on an iwatch for my sons christmas, I did not realise that Sky mobile does not support eSIM. 

Good GOD Sky, just take the leap, but I bet they are trying to find a way of charging a double sim fee or something like that.

I have ended up just getting a pay as you go sim from EE.

Please please can anyone tell me, should I just move everything across or should I believe in Sky and wait.

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Sky Mobile & Apple Watch eSIM

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Sky don't support esims and it doesn't look like this will anytime soon as they have not announced any plas that they plan to do so,

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Fergus67 This message was authored by: Fergus67

I'm in a similar situation with 4 family pay monthly mobile contracts plus broadband and tv (in more than one house) and I'm considering leaving sky cos they don't support iwatch. Mental.

This message was authored by KathSue This message was authored by: KathSue

I would like an answer to this too, am already considering switching to a provider who will support this. 

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Well it's more of a technology stand point rather than a jumping ship. But saying that there will be restrictions and limitations from Telephonica (O2) where I'm not certain the time frame, I know it will defiantly be this year. 

Now logically thinking about 02 and their requirements, I would expect it to be around March - September time. 

I am guessing this as March would mean 02 have already had it for a year. Or September around launch of the new Apple Watch 

Hold on tight, it shouldn't be much longer!

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

This message was authored by Fergus67 This message was authored by: Fergus67

Thanks Bobby, have you got an inside track or are you just using logic to work out when sky might offer esim support? 

This message was authored by antonio+freire This message was authored by: antonio+freire

I'm on the same boat with a Samsung galaxy watch 4G.. it is now May .. O2 has the esim.. please sky!

This message was authored by Trinders This message was authored by: Trinders

Does paying for an esim on your sons watch then allow you to walkie talkie him from your watch? And if so, do you have to NOT pair it with his sky contracted phone? 

scottieman333
Topic Author
This message was authored by scottieman333 This message was authored by: scottieman333

Hi

dint quite understand what you mean 

but I know SKY mobile does not to contract for esim 

ive been waiting over six months now to see if SKY mobile can allow esim but nothing not even an update 

the apple watch3 gsm that my son has can accept call which is routed from his apple iPhone but you need the carrier to also have a esim for the watch that can be paired with the iPhone watch (the same number) to allow my son to use his Apple Watch with out his iPhone being present. At the moment he can not do this as SKY mobile don't to esim 

it's just [removed]on sky mobile 

Moderator note: removed swearing

This message was authored by 64RJD This message was authored by: 64RJD

I'm also thinking of moving my family of 4 phones out of Sky. Having purchased a very expensive new Apple watch at christmas, like you I had no idea that an esim would not be available. So basically most of the apple watch functions are useless with out it. Its a just an expensive screen watch. Six months later - after speaking to a Sky rep - we are still no closer to getting it. I was told soon in January.

This message was authored by Chantal+G This message was authored by: Chantal+G

I have got an IPad Pro that requires an esim and the previous iPad Pro took a physical sim.  Does this mean I will need to cancel my phones with Sky because they are so behind with the tech!!

This message was authored by Happydays71 This message was authored by: Happydays71

Hi have a sky mobile contact ,can I get a I phone to work on it.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

If you are a sim only customer @Happydays71  then as long as you pass the credit check then yes you can add a phone to your account if you want.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by Hoopy06 This message was authored by: Hoopy06

I have just received an apple s5 watch I have a sky sim and work for sky 1 Can I buy an Esim and use duel sim on Iphone 10  XR 

2 Has sky any plans to provide esim in pipeline 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Sky don't support esims and it doesn't look like this will anytime soon as they have not announced any plas that they plan to do so,

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion