Short codes

Answered
Go to Answer
Highlighted
Researcher
Post 1 of 5

Short codes

Does anyone have any idea when Sky are going to get short codes fixed? It was promised for the summer but well into the autumn there is still no news. Surely it can't be that difficult as every other network gets them to work. I surmise it is a matter of investment which Sky are too mean to make.

This isn't just about competitions and voting on reality TV, it is serious stuff like banking authentication (and in my case yesterday) an urgent query about an airline booking.

This is reason enough to move away from Sky and I will certainly do so when my contract is up.

Chris

Answer

Best Answers
Answer
Oracle
Post 2 of 5

Re: Short codes

Certain short codes do not work but as you have discovered not all of them do. Im afraid there is no way to know when the ones you want to use will be added, all we can say is that Sky are working through them and are still implementing them on a regular basis.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
All Replies
Answer
Oracle
Post 2 of 5

Certain short codes do not work but as you have discovered not all of them do. Im afraid there is no way to know when the ones you want to use will be added, all we can say is that Sky are working through them and are still implementing them on a regular basis.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Researcher
Post 3 of 5

This issue is likely to become a make/break for my Sky Mobile contract.  I keep getting businesses contacting me using these short codes and I cannot send the needed replies

We need to have a statement by Sky as to what their plan is

Researcher
Post 4 of 5

I’ve tried to text Virgin radio breakfast show which is sponsored by Sky and number won’t work! Come on Sky, this is embarrassing and not good enough. Get this sorted.

Researcher
Post 5 of 5

Actually I thought they'd fixed this recently as I was able to get a text back to Visa to authorise a purchase

Recommended Threads