Discussion topic: STOLEN iPhone through Sky. Daughter is a uni student and need to replace, options

This message was authored by Mrs+Lud This message was authored by: Mrs+Lud

STOLEN iPhone through Sky. Daughter is a uni student and need to replace, options

Daughter is uni student, stolen last night. Insurance closed until tomorrow. Reported to Police and Sky. Is it possible to upgrade whilst this is sorted so she can have a phone as really needs one 

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: STOLEN iPhone through Sky. Daughter is a uni student and need to replace, options

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mrs+Lud 

She may not be able to upgrade (Sky would answer that) and she certainly can't swap. She may be better off getting a cheap PAYG device and putting the replacement sim in that short term. 

It's worth also reporting it on the Immobilise website. I've known mobiles be recovered within 30 minutes of being stolen when the ne'er do wells tried to sell it at a second hand shop. 

https://www.immobilise.com

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Mrs+Lud
Topic Author
This message was authored by Mrs+Lud This message was authored by: Mrs+Lud

Re: STOLEN iPhone through Sky. Daughter is a uni student and need to replace, options

Good to know. Thank you. My daughter is in Edinburgh . I live in Cheshire so it's all a bit frustrating atm. Six phones stolen from the same venue so obviously targeted. 

Never happened before so was trying to get it sorted and every takes so long. She is devastated as phones are so part of their lives! Thanks again.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion