Discussion topic: Reverting back to Skys's original number

This message was authored by DanLucca This message was authored by: DanLucca

Reverting back to Skys's original number

My phone keeps reverting back to the number I got with the phone originally even though I've gone through the usual procedure with Sky (PAC code etc) to have my number I had with a previous provider. It worked well for about two months and now it keeps going back. Is it a software update issue? 

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Reverting back to Skys's original number

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DanLucca 

Have you changed n within your phones settings to update it ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
DanLucca
Topic Author
This message was authored by DanLucca This message was authored by: DanLucca

Thanks for helping, I haven't done anything with the phone settings. It's been working with no issues since the end of Aug and over the last week or so when I send a message it shows the 'original' number and not mine for some reason.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DanLucca 

If this is an iphone refresh the network settings so go Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings. If you're using iOS or iPadOS 14 or earlier, tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Then go to Settings - Phone - My Number and change it if it is wrong, then reboot the phone. You will need to set up your Wifi connection again.

If it is an Android phone go to About Phone > My Phone number, change it and reboot the phone. Also in text settings change the chat function to automatic. Make sure your current number is ticked and the temporary one isn't.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion