One time passcodes

Researcher
Post 1 of 25

One time passcodes

anyone had any issues with receiving one time passcodes from their bank to their sky mobile?  Not able to receive them and being told it's a known issue but no idea when this will be fixed??  Was working fine until a couple of days ago.

All Replies
Researcher
Post 2 of 25

Re: One time passcodes

Having same issue - with Santander bank. Tech are investigating and we will be kept posted. 

Researcher
Post 3 of 25

yeah I'm Santander too - very strange.  Hope they can rectify soon as I do everything by internet banking!

Researcher
Post 4 of 25

We ended up having to change the telephone number on the banking account to one that is not on the Sky mobile network. Santander are aware of the issue with Sky mobile customers but had no idea of timescales. Fingers crossed it's fixed soon! 

Researcher
Post 5 of 25

Hi 

Iam having the same issue with getting a code from natwest. Spoke to sky in the morning and they said they know about the issue and working on a fix with no idea on time  scales....

Some problem with skys mnetwork not being able to receive alpha tags....

Sound Designer
Post 6 of 25

I have the same issue with PayPal and my file backup service (Backblaze). Infuriating that Sky seems to be doing nothing about it.

Researcher
Post 7 of 25

Disappointing they don’t seem to have a solution.  Spoke to them again today and was told still being looked at.  Was also told that if I read the contract it does say some services may not work on sky mobile - couldn’t believe that response! All mobiles in our home are sky mobile so sadly we have no option but to wait it out.

Sound Designer
Post 8 of 25

They also don't support the Virgin Media wifi in London Underground stations - the only major operator not to. Infuriating - because of both these issues I'm definitely leaving. 

Runner
Post 9 of 25

Really odd... my PayPal verification SMS no longer received but my wife's PayPal txt confirmations are

@Ian+F. wrote:

They also don't support the Virgin Media wifi in London Underground stations - the only major operator not to. Infuriating - because of both these issues I'm definitely leaving. 

working OK (she is also on Sky mobile network) So appears to be certain users only?

Sound Designer
Post 10 of 25

Thanks. Very odd. How can we get Sky to comment on this situation?

Researcher
Post 11 of 25

I guess we all have to ensure we have logged our dissatisfaction with them.  I will try using my husbands number and hopefully if it’s not all users his will work.  

Were not long into our contracts with them but will definately be leaving at first available opportunity.  

Researcher
Post 12 of 25

Would appear my husband is also affected so we’re forced to wait it out....just hope sky come up with a resolution soon.

Researcher
Post 13 of 25

I dont think its a network wide issue because my wife has sky and I managed to get the code I needed sent to her...

Sound Designer
Post 14 of 25

What is the best way to register our discontent over this issue? I can't face a lengthy phone-call with an operative who won't have a clue what I'm talking about! Live chat? Is there an email address (I can't find one for Sky Mobile)?

Researcher
Post 15 of 25

If you call the helpline number you can enter your mobile number and they’ll text you a link which you can then reply to rather than having to hold and wait to speak to an operative.  

Recommended Threads