Discussion topic: OTP not being sent

This message was authored by Mike+Bratby This message was authored by: Mike+Bratby

Re: OTP not being sent

I am just letting them know that affects more than one sender and have no other way of contacting sky monile as there is no contact number i can find on the app or wensite .. just the chat which cant answer the problem , i have fillecbthe form in pistednin this thread and still no tesponse ..  what else open to me .. i neec a contact number to discuss and resolve  

This message was authored by carlawood1975 This message was authored by: carlawood1975

Dial 150 from you sky mobile and you'll get through to sky. 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mike+Bratby 
If you definitely need to call Sky you can call free by dialling 150 from a Sky Talk landline or your Sky mobile. You will find that similar to calling other large companies the start will be automated which may also try to send you back to the forum. Stay on the line as long as possible and don’t hang up.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Bubbles7 This message was authored by: Bubbles7

The messages aren't going to come. Sky don't care. You'll need to contact the organisations help desk and speak to someone. I've just left sky after 6 weeks of hell. Suggest you do the same - they're charlatans. 

This message was authored by CharlesT This message was authored by: CharlesT

I am still suffering this problem with banking and other institutions. Need to find how to end Sky contract early so I can get a phone that serves purpose. 

This message was authored by Mike+Bratby This message was authored by: Mike+Bratby

After absolute xero online support ,chat useless and their help page useless and nonmention anywhere on their pages on how to contact a REAL person rather than AI i like u was nearly forced to cancel as i couldnt do banking .. not thst i would be anle to as you need a OTP to do that and i wad getting any ! .. evenually i found you could call 150 from your mobile for a helpdesk ... no whete on any of their help or support pages does it say this , nor doe the chat say this ic it cant resolve your wuestion .. spoke to the guy some of the sites i could not get OTP and was resolvex mysteriously witjout a callback or explaiination witjin 24hrs

This message was authored by Bubbles7 This message was authored by: Bubbles7

@CharlesT Just ring them to complain and ask to leave without penalty given you're not getting the service you're paying for. Worked for me. But, had to wait 3 days for PAC code because I couldn't receive texts - dont forget to ask them to email you a code otherwise you'll have to ring them again - all together I had 3 weeks of no texts before I managed to leave. They didn't quibble because they have no idea what this problem is and would rather lose custom than try and sort it out. Good luck 

This message was authored by Karen133 This message was authored by: Karen133

I have just ported over from EE on Monday and I cannot get into any of my banking apps. TSB-Tesco-MBNA. I am not receiving the code they're sending. I have been on calls for hours and nobody seems to have a clue on how to fix this issue which from what I've read is rather large. Anyone find a way of sorting this mess out ? I have never had this problem with any other provider and I'm getting rather annoyed at the whole thing 😤

You will get no help from sky in the forum, i had same prblem tried sll the normal online hrlp, chst ryc.. waste of time .. eventually resolved by ringing 150 from mobile and  sky mobile helpdesk eventually resolved in 48 hrs after i spoke to some one  

I'll call that number today and see how I get on, it's infuriating isn't it 🙄 made worse when nobody seems to know how to fix it and I just get passed from one person to another. Thanks for your reply.

This message was authored by cd941 This message was authored by: cd941

Yep i am also getting this issue. Not good

Mine corrected itself after 9 days so hopefully yours does too.  ☺️ I don't think there would be that much stress/drama if these companies actually mentioned that it takes a while to go over with any sort of banking. Don't waste your time calling anyone as they don't have a clue how to fix it.

This message was authored by cd941 This message was authored by: cd941

Oh really? So do i just wait then? Im trying to change my OTP number for santander. I have to wait 9 days? Oh dear.

That’s exactly what I done. Called my bank and changed my number to my daughters and hours later all my code requests that I had made to my bank in the previous week came through on my phone at once but I couldn't use them as I had just changed the number over 🙄 if you have only recently ported over id wait a week and see what happens but it really depends on your circumstances and if waiting is an option.

This message was authored by disappointed3 This message was authored by: disappointed3

This is still happening September 2024

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion