Number porting - Lyca Mobile to Sky Mobile

Answered
Go to Answer
Highlighted
Runner
Post 1 of 21

Number porting - Lyca Mobile to Sky Mobile

Hi,

Can I port my Lyca Mobile to Sky Mobile? I tried to do that some time back but had to return cancel it as it was not possible.

Kindly confirm so that I can book my Sky mobile.

Thanks

Meg

Answer

Best Answers
Answer
Community Manager
Post 21 of 21

Re: Number porting - Lyca Mobile to Sky Mobile

Hello there,

Some good news to share. You should be able to transfer your Lyca number over to us on tomorrow (14th Feb). We need to make some tech changes during today and overnight into the morning of the 14th first but everything should be great after that. 

I know it has been a bit of a wait so I thank you all for your patience. 

Sam
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
All Replies
Sound Designer
Post 2 of 21

Runner
Post 3 of 21

Hi,

The information you provided is wrong. BAsed on your confirmation, I ordered and activated two sims and now when I am trying to port my old Lyca mobile number, it is not allowing me to do so (screesnhot below).

I now have two SIMs activated which are of no use to me. Please advise.Capture.PNG

Regards

Megnick

Sound Designer
Post 4 of 21

That is why I said you should ring Sky Mobile first to double check.

Runner
Post 5 of 21

Hi,

Just had the same prob. You can't post from Lycamobile to Sky mobile because they don't have an agreement with them.( message shows when trying to do the transfer).

New Viewer
Post 6 of 21

Hi,

Any luck with your existing number porting to sky mobile? I'm having the similar issue and sky customer care says whey can't help to get the exsting number ported to sky mobile.

Kind Regards,

RaghavB

Runner
Post 7 of 21

Hi Raghav,

No, it can't be done as Sky Mobile doesn't have a contract with LycaMobile. Even if you try to port your number to another operator and come to sky via new operator, it will not be done as your original number belongs to LycaMobile. I've tried it all, but unfortunately no luck.

Megnick

Runner
Post 8 of 21

I am having the same problem with LycaMobile Number, I need to move my existing number to Sky, but I am having problems, Sky have not been helpful, Lyca said I shouldn't have problems porting to Sky, while Sky said they do not have porting agreement with LycaMobile, this is the first time I am hearing anything like this, I have ported numbers before without problems, I have ported this number from GT Mobile (LycaMobile) to Lebara, then recently to back to LycaMobile, I moved to Lycamobile because Sky said they didn't have agreement with Lebara to port my number, now they are saying the same with LycaMobile.....it would have been helpful for Sky to simply publish a list of providers they do not have porting agreement with, I also cannot TEXT any LycaMobile number, while my Sky number receives texts from LycaMobile, I feel like I signed my contracts with Sky without enough information, I am not getting expected service from Sky, very dissapointing......

Researcher
Post 9 of 21

Surely this is totally against Ofcom rules - has anyone tried asking them, or raising a complaint...?

Runner
Post 10 of 21

I recently spoke with SKY sales team and set up  bundle. I was reassured that I can set up and port my number to sky.

Speaking to the mobile team today, they have advised that this is not possible. I reiterated that I was reassured this by the sales team and I want to make a complaint.

The lady (dint remember her name) told me she will do that. I also advised her that all sales team should know this and to ensure they are informed.

This is misleading the Public..

I am still going to raise it with the Sales team.not satisfactory Customer Service at all.

Very disappointed. Think it is  ongoing scam??

Rosalind

Oracle
Post 11 of 21

@rosphi65 wrote:

Speaking to the mobile team today, they have advised that this is not possible. I reiterated that I was reassured this by the sales team and I want to make a complaint.

This shows you how to make a complaint:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint

It does state it here on the Sky Help pages that transfering numbers from Lycra isn't possible:

https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-mobile/setting-up-sky-mobile/diagnostics/sky-mobile-getting-starte...

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Community Manager
Post 12 of 21

Hi all, 

We're still working through implementation of a porting agreement with Lyca Mobile. We are now targetting the end of October 2018. Please note that this is not a confirmed date but something we are striving to meet. I will update on progress whenever I can. 

Sam
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
Researcher
Post 13 of 21

Sam,

This is totally against the industry wide rules on number portability. Wholly unacceptable, and a disgrace that it’s taken this long.

☹️ 

Researcher
Post 14 of 21

The texting issue seems to have recently been resolved. You CAN now text LycaMobile from Sky.  (Not before time obviously 🙄 but better late than never...). 

Runner
Post 15 of 21

Just had the same problem when attempting to port my number (originally issued by Vodafone) from Lycamobile to Sky Mobile. Immediately cancelled mobile phone contract with Sky and made a complaint to Ofcom (see below)

Are you...
A residential customer
Name of your phone company
Sky
Subject
Mobile Phone Number Transfer
Brief summary of your experience/query
Sky mobile will not allow me to retain my mobile number from Lycamobile despite having provided them with the PAC code from Lycamobile. Sky say this is because they have no agreement in place with Lycamobile. I have read online that others have had the same problem and I beleive that this is in contravention of OFCOM rules.
Below services has been selected : Contract Mobile Phone
Recommended Threads
worswick 12-10-2018 07:24 PM
18-10-2018 11:43 AM
01-09-2018 04:02 PM
23-10-2018 04:49 PM
officer 29-10-2018 11:50 AM