Not registered on network

Runner
Post 1 of 8

Not registered on network

Hello. Can anyone advise please?

My phone had been working fine, then this morning (well yesterday morning now), every time I tried to make a phone call it brought up the message, not registered on network. I've checked service status and it is saying that a mast is down near me and may affect my mobile service. They're hoping to have problem resolved soon. How long can that take? I also entered other cities in the service status field like Liverpool, Worcester and it's saying the same for every city I entered??!!! Any advice please as still can't make/receive phone calls/messages!!!

All Replies
Community Manager
Post 2 of 8

Re: Not registered on network

Morning! What phone are you using? 

Have you tried the SIM in another phone to see if the SIM itself has failed? And possibly try putting another SIM in that phone to see what happens. 

Did you get the phone from us?

It's probably something you'd need to call us about but possibly someone else can add more help if you can give more details and try out the checks above. 

Sam
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
Runner
Post 3 of 8

Dear Sam

Thank you for your reply.

I have a Samsung A5 that I took out on a Sky contract in March/April along with a Sky sim card (kept the same number).

When I looked up the "Not registered on network" error, it said to go through Settings, Mobile Networks, Network Operator, Search Networks and click on your provider. So I selected Sky and then it brings up a message then saying "Your SIM card cannot connect to Sky network." 

I have called Sky today and they are saying again (as did online when I contacted an adviser), that a mast is down local to my area. They cannot tell me anything about when it will be up and running. Nothing about it at all. I find this unacceptable, being without a mobile phone. If I'm out the school can't contact me about my children and I'm also waiting to hear back from hospitals regarding their operations. How long can I be without a phone?!! 

As you advised, I took my SIM card out and put it in my old Samsung S6 but it said that I needed a PIN code to enter. I tried removing the EE sim and putting it in my A5 but I still can't make phone calls etc. Sky disappeared from the network provider list when I put in the EE sim card. Does that help at all with thinking of other possibilities to try?

Appreciate any help/advice.

Runner
Post 4 of 8

Sorry just realised it was January I started the new contract and had no problems until yesterday!!

Runner
Post 5 of 8

We are in france for 2 months. Everything was fine for the first 30 days  then everything cut off on both my phone amd my husband's phone.  24 hours later we have got back mobile data on both phones but if we try to make a phone call we get Not registered  on network . Clearly we cannot phone for support and i find it hard to believe that both our phones have got faulty sim cards. So how do we fix this?

Oracle
Post 6 of 8

@RoxyJessie wrote:

So how do we fix this?

You can't I'm afraid as there are ongoing issues with Sky Mobile all over Europe at present, if you take a look around this forum you will see people who are having the same issues as you in various different countries and as such this is an issue that only Sky can fix.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Runner
Post 7 of 8

I’m in holiday Spain now have data but no ability. A friend called me to say my number had not been assigned to a client,,, although sky are happily taking my monthly payments, I had calls last week,,can sky say what is happening and will I get redress for having to use another persons phone?

Oracle
Post 8 of 8

@Anguscc

You will need to contact Sky support about this as only they can answer your questions:

https://contactus.sky.com/uk/sky-mobile/support-with-sky-mobile

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Recommended Threads