Not receiving txt messgaes

Researcher
Post 1 of 11

Not receiving txt messgaes

Hello is anyone else not receiving txt messages? Sending them no problem and people are receiving them but then Sunday I haven’t recieved any that gave me sent to me ,then yesterday my face time calls wasn’t going through and then I couldn’t receive calls,it’s getting very frustrating as I’ve been waiting for an important phone call and I could of missed it?!!

K murphy
All Replies
Runner
Post 2 of 11

Re: Not receiving txt messgaes

My partner phone is the same his started yesterday and cant receive phone calls either im in same network and mine is fine 

Researcher
Post 3 of 11

Funny I tried ringing sky and as soon as I did I have 7 messages all come through at once. Sky wasn’t open yet so I gave it 10 mins rang them again and then I had a bunch load more messages and voicemail messages come through. I am now recieveing all my txt so it seems but still cannot recieve calls. How odd is this!!!!

K murphy
Runner
Post 4 of 11

My partner still not working saying a mass is down near us so could be that but im on same network same house mine is fine strange 1 they dont seem no anything 

Researcher
Post 5 of 11

I rang them earlier lady was really lovely but she wasn’t sure what was going on either, she said herself and colleagues had had a few phone calls about it but it hasn’t been announced that there’s a problem yet but there must be. I’ve tried to call myself off my land line and it’s srill not working however I am rexeiving all my txts now.

K murphy
Researcher
Post 6 of 11

Ok I take that back, not receiving txts again!!! 😩 my gosh it’s annoying!

K murphy
Oracle
Post 7 of 11

It sounds like your issues could be related to this:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Mobile/One-time-passcodes/m-p/2958890#M14314

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Researcher
Post 8 of 11

I have 3 phones with Sky. Mine is fine as is my sons. My wife’s can’t receive calls or text msgs. If I change her network mode to 3G it works. Our phones are identical. Just the one doesn’t work. Shouldn’t have to knock 4G off to make it work. What’s going on?

Researcher
Post 9 of 11

Sky say there is an issue with their 4G which is affecting some but not all their customers and they aren't 100% sure why.  It's a case of wait and see and keep trying.  Switching network mode to 3g will fix it for now.  They're hoping to fix today.

Researcher
Post 10 of 11

Hmm when  I rang the lady  got me to turn off my 4g and I still couldn’t receive calls however today I am getting all my calls and txts but I have no mobile data at all it constantly says no service it’s not even trying to load a webpage.

K murphy
Researcher
Post 11 of 11

Well, my wife’s phone still doesn’t work. If I turn on 4G in network mode (LTE/3G/2G) she gets no texts or calls.  Changing to 3G/2G means she gets texts and calls but this isn’t ideal. And as mentioned it’s more frustrating as my phone is fine. Sky haven’t solved the issue whatever it is.

Recommended Threads
23 seconds ago 10:42 PM
6 minutes ago 10:37 PM
16 minutes ago 10:26 PM
22 minutes ago 10:20 PM
Oracle 55 minutes ago 09:47 PM