New Viewer
Post 1 of 20

No mobile data

So we can’t use how data so do we get  compensation  From sky 

All Replies
Camera Assistant
Post 2 of 20

Re: No mobile data

Not only is data affected but service for voice calls has been diabolical.

4 Calls from my doctor have been divered to voicemail because all I had on my iPhone at the top right of the screen is 3 dots since 11.30am, very rarely will I get a signal then the phone goes back to 3 dots.

I’ve tried calling Sky and they are passing the buck that we are all in this together with O2.

Yes all Sky customers are affected, but our contract is with Sky, not O2. So in principle this is Sky’s problem. The excuse I have had from Sky customer services is don’t worry as your data rolls over, yes we know that, but what about the inconvenience? Well sir we are considering giving a 2gb data boost to affected customers???? What good is that when I’ve got 50gb in the piggy bank?

We have a contract with Sky, Sky have a service agreement with Telefonica. We as customers should not be fobbed off.

Oracle
Post 3 of 20

@Mickeypheebe wrote:

So we can’t use how data so do we get  compensation  From sky 

Hi @Mickeypheebe It's possible that you may be able to claim compensation for outages however I do not know the length of time that the outage needs to be for. If you check your contract then it should tell you. https://www.sky.com/shop/__PDF/Sky-Mobile-Contract.pdf

O2 have just announced as well that the data issue will not be fixed until tomorrow. 

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.

imagebam.com
Sound Designer
Post 4 of 20

Compensation, compensation, compensation,  what a surprise.

Let's see, I pay £6 a month so for 1 days outage I want my 20 pence Sky.

Researcher
Post 5 of 20

There saying its just date is it <remove> ive had no signal more than i have had it today.  If they think there getting full payment for this month they have another think coming!  This is my work line and has been an absolute pain in the **bleep** today.  Just tried to call customer service but gave up after half an hour, the email and text services are off line... 

Not happy!!

Moderator Note: removed swearing as per community rules

Managing Editor
Post 6 of 20

@2010nath85 wrote:

There saying its just date is it <removed> ive had no signal more than i have had it today.  If they think there getting full payment for this month they have another think coming!  This is my work line and has been an absolute pain in the **bleep** today.  Just tried to call customer service but gave up after half an hour, the email and text services are off line... 

Not happy!!

If you need it for Business why use a Domestic Mobile service?    

BTW If you decide to part payment, guess what?  That's right your service will be restricted.

If you need a mobile for work you need a proper Business Mobile contract which willhave much better SLA's

Researcher
Post 7 of 20

I pay my contract there for i use it for what ever i like. What does that have to do with you?

Thats right absolutely Nothing 

Managing Editor
Post 8 of 20

@2010nath85 wrote:

I pay my contract there for i use it for what ever i like. What does that have to do with you?

Thats right absolutely Nothing 

Ok then,  however it states in the T & C's you agreed to under

17.1  Sky, SSSL and SRS will not be liable under this contract to you, or to any other person you allow to use Sky Mobile services, for:

k) any loss of business, contracts, profits, anticipated savings, reputation, or revenue.

Researcher
Post 9 of 20

Whats your point? 

Infact why are you even speaking to me...

Did i ask a question?

Managing Editor
Post 10 of 20

@2010nath85 wrote:

Whats your point? 

Infact why are you even speaking to me...

Did i ask a question?

It's a public forum, anyone can reply.  

Researcher
Post 11 of 20

Reply to what? I didnt ask a question ...

I feel this conversation has run its course now, im sure theres plenty of other people on here this evening voicing there opinion and actually ASKING questions you no doubt will love to answer .

I wish you all best

Community Manager
Post 12 of 20

We’re really sorry for the issues you experienced on Sky Mobile yesterday. We’re giving you a day of free unlimited UK data this Saturday 8 Dec, so you can catch up on all the things you’ve missed. You don’t need to do a thing.

Sam
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
Community Manager
Post 13 of 20

Hi all, please keep it civil. No 1 rule around here is to be nice to each other. 

Sam
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
Sound Designer
Post 14 of 20

Is this issue actually sigend off as resolved?

My phone will not show 4G connection... just H

Have done all the usual checks/reboots but cannot get the 4G connection showing. Can you confirm that 4G data services are fully up and running?

Sound Designer
Post 15 of 20

Definitely up and running, check the service checker at: https://servicestatus.sky.com/#/uk/d

Also try a different location where you know you'll be using a different mast.

Recommended Threads
01-11-2018 09:00 AM
01-11-2018 11:04 AM
18-07-2018 09:27 PM
03-08-2018 11:58 AM
Karolinao 4 weeks ago 07:44 PM