Discussion topic: No data

This message was authored by Kath271 This message was authored by: Kath271

No data

I have had no signal on my phone since yesterday. It is saying a mast in my area isn't working as it should over 24 hours later still not working

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: No data

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kath271 

Sky don't own or maintain any masts so I'm afraid you're waiting on a third party repair. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Kath271
Topic Author
This message was authored by Kath271 This message was authored by: Kath271

Re: No phone signal

Sky have just informed me it will be up to another 5 days for repair. This is unacceptable I will be changing network .

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: No phone signal

@Kath271 

The mast will probably cater for a number of networks so moving might not be of benefit. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Dinkydora17 This message was authored by: Dinkydora17

I too have no mobile network for two days and only emergency calls. My phone is telling me that my SIM is not provisioned which is a Sky issue. However, when I phoned Sky the advisor told me to take my phone back to the shop as there was an error. He also asked me for a list of the numbers I had tried but failed to ring. (Removed). It was left that someone from networking would ring me in 72 hours. This is so unacceptable. When I leave the house/WiFi my phone is dead. Sky use to be so much better than this and I too am looking to change provider which is a shame as I am a diamond VIP customer but they have definitely gone downhill.

Moderator note: Removed inappropriate language

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Dinkydora17 

Give this a try:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Mobile/Why-am-I-not-allowed-to-make-calls/m-p/4644407/highlight/tru...

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Dinkydora17 This message was authored by: Dinkydora17

@caesarome thank you.  Are the instructions for settings on my phone  as I cannot find mobile data or do I need to log into MySky and find settings there?

Thank you 🙏

What phone do you have ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

S24 Ultra

The settings should be on your phone so try this:

Do you see the Sky Menu App or SIM toolkit app on your phone, if so select it then go to Roaming > Change to Abroad. Wait a few minutes before changing it back to Home.

@caesarome thank you.  I found it and changed it to abroad and then home but no change for me.

I had a message 'Sim not provisioned' and now 'no service'.

Is it something I need to keep trying? 

The sim might have developed a fault so it might be worth ordering a replacement via your account:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/replacement-sim

@caesarome thank you, I will need to speak to a Sky advisor again to replace the sim as you cannot just request one.  I am not looking forward to that conversation as it just goes around and round.

Thank you for your assistance.  It is very appreciated. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion