Discussion topic: Missing WiFi calling settings on Google pixel 7

This message was authored by Wayne+lees This message was authored by: Wayne+lees

Missing WiFi calling settings on Google pixel 7

Hi All,

I can't find a way of checking if WiFi calling is working on Google Pixel 7 handset with sky mobile. 

On all the self help guides it's directing me to settings in the phone that don't actually show - I think the sky SIM and configuration blanks them out? 

Anyway can anyone confirm if WiFi calling is actually something that is supported on a pixel 7?

I really don't understand why Sky Mobile won't support this standard feature - I will need to cancel the contract if it's not supported and switch back to Voxi. 

Wayne 

Best Answers
This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia Answer

Re: Missing WiFi calling settings on Google pixel 7

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi All

We currently don’t support WiFi calling on Pixel devices – however, we plan to launch this in the coming months.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If the phone isn't from Sky then they do say that Wifi Cllaing might not be available:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/wi-fi-calling

If you didn't get your phone from us, it might not be compatible with Sky Mobile Wi-Fi calling. To check, set up Wi-Fi calling and try making a call over Wi-Fi. If the ‘Wi-Fi call’ indicator doesn’t show, then your phone isn’t compatible.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Wayne+lees
Topic Author
This message was authored by Wayne+lees This message was authored by: Wayne+lees

I know Sky say they don't guarantee it works if you don't buy your phone from them but that's not really good enough when WiFi calling is a standard feature. 

For example it works on my old apple SE and yet on a new pixel 7 it doesn't seem to be an option, even though the phone supports it on other networks (it works on voxi for example). 

Sky's network settings seems to disable the WiFi calling option (it doesn't appear in the phone settings). 

Would this be the same if I used the eSim option instead of a physical SIM or is this also not supported. 

Didn't expect a standard feature to have such issues. 

This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Wayne+lees  sky don't support esims yet. 

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.
This message was authored by Sejwickey This message was authored by: Sejwickey

I'll struggling with this too, think I'm just going to have to change networks as it seem impossible to actually speak to anyone at sky! Poor service really when as you say, it's a standard feature. With 02, I just pinged them a message and within an hour WiFi calling was enabled.....no such option with sky! 

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi All

We currently don’t support WiFi calling on Pixel devices – however, we plan to launch this in the coming months.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by PaulN1980 This message was authored by: PaulN1980

Wi-Fi calling is enabled on my Pixel 7 Pro following the update to the latest beta of Android 14 QPR3 (Beta 2).

This message was authored by NH4 This message was authored by: NH4

If this is the case then why did the advisor recommend switching WiFi calling on, to help mitigate poor/dropping out call performance? Sky communication to paying account holders is absolutely shocking

This message was authored by WAV1 This message was authored by: WAV1

... it doesen't matter if you switch to an eSIM either. It still doesen't show the 'Wi-Fi Calling' option. It is something that needs to be implemented immediately on Pixels (Pixel 8 Pro). Really don't understand this at all. It would be great to get someone from Sky to explain how you 'properly' configure a Pixel from Sky.com/mobile/your sim.... after receiving the: -

Request network settings

Sorry, we've been unable to resend network settings at this time. Please try again later.

Ughh!

Talking to tech support is a complete waste of your time...

... round and round and round...

This message was authored by Sodgey This message was authored by: Sodgey

Hi, I have a Pixel 8 with same problem. Is that also the case for the "Call Screen" and "Visual Voicemail" features?

Thanks,

David

This message was authored by Sivadmas This message was authored by: Sivadmas

Hurry up as my contract expires soon and I will be leaving if I can't use WiFi calling. 

This message was authored by Sodgey This message was authored by: Sodgey

I was told by a sky tech person this week that all sky mobile plans include wifi calling. They really don't know what they are talking about. 

This message was authored by Sivadmas This message was authored by: Sivadmas

100% leaving sky ASAP, poor coverage, constant outages, and better prices elsewhere. No WiFi calling, the list goes on 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion