John1599

Runner
Post 1 of 3

John1599

I have recently ordered a sky mobile sim but when set up and activated the while calls text etc are fine but there is no mobile data. I have had three replacement sim cards. I have downloaded APN each time but to no avail. I have tried my son's virgin sim card in my phone and mobile data is enabled OK which eliminates the phone being faulty.Is there any issues with this model phone and sky Sims? The phone is a nokia5

All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 3

Re: John1599

@John1599 wrote:

I have recently ordered a sky mobile sim but when set up and activated the while calls text etc are fine but there is no mobile data. I have had three replacement sim cards. I have downloaded APN each time but to no avail. I have tried my son's virgin sim card in my phone and mobile data is enabled OK which eliminates the phone being faulty.Is there any issues with this model phone and sky Sims? The phone is a nokia5

Sounds like you need to contact Sky to sort it out for you. 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/contacting-sky

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.

imagebam.com imagebam.com
Runner
Post 3 of 3

Re: John1599

Yes followed advice and got in contact with sky spoke to help call centre and the operative diagnosed and talked me through the problem over the phone . It appears because sky are not the network providers 02 being the network I had to manually configure  my APN settings on my Nokia 5 everything running on now