Is Visual Voicemail supported on the iPhone?

Answered
Go to Answer
Camera Assistant
Post 91 of 122

Re: Is Visual Voicemail supported on the iPhone?

Try these;

Settings > Phone > (look for V) What does it say?

Settings > General > About - What IOS version is there also what does the carrier info state?

Call your own number and leave a message, then reset the iPhone holding on/off until apple logo appears then release.

Let me know how you get on.

Should all this not help i would recommend you Call, SMS, Facebook message Sky for support.

Thanks

Jay

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*

Just helping where i can. Or adding my 2 pence worth!
Researcher
Post 92 of 122

Hi all, where did we get with this?

I've just joined Sky Mobile with an iPhone X with all the latest setting but sadly no VV.

Any ideas?

Runner
Post 93 of 122

I got a kind lady at Sky customer service who said that Sky had to do some tests as nothing worked.  I also did a full reset of the phone in case of software issues but did not help.  My take is that it is something in Sky's system, but this is just speculation

Runner
Post 94 of 122

Thanks for all the suggestions.  I did all that you said, and more than once.  In the end no joy, Sky said they will do some tests at their end and try to fix it

Boom Operator
Post 95 of 122

I phoned. Reset everything. Updated everything and nothing. When you phone, it's pointless. It's not the end of the world but it's so frustrating  to be messed around. 

If you do find a solution, let me know. 

Boom Operator
Post 96 of 122

Finally have it activated. I tried another SIM card and tried to change the carrier settings. Then reset the network settings and replaced my SIM. That seems to have done the trick...maybe they fixed it in the back end.  Worth a try if anyone else is struggling. 

New Viewer
Post 97 of 122

I am also having with this problem and just updated to 11.3 and bought new sky mobile service -sigh

Boom Operator
Post 98 of 122

Hi,

Try another SIM card (like EE) in there and see if you can update the Carrier services. Then replace the sky SIM card. That worked for me. 

When theother SIM card is in, reset the network settings. 

Runner
Post 99 of 122

I have new iphone SE and iOS 13.1 but NO visual voicemail. Sky have been absolutely useless helping set it up - does anyone know what to do? I get normal voicemail but this is painfully slow and you can't ignore the ones you would ordinarily not listen to

Runner
Post 100 of 122

Mine does not work and the helpdesk have been hopeless at helping me get it. My wife's phone has it, exactly the same as mine (iphone SE) and both on same iOS 13.1

Boom Operator
Post 101 of 122

Can you confirm what you've tried please?

Runner
Post 102 of 122

Resetting seems to be about all Sky suggest ad this didn't work

Boom Operator
Post 103 of 122

Check your Carrier Services are up to date. 

Settings-general-about. Should be 32.0

If you can place another network, like EEs SIM card in...mess around with the carrier settings, wifi calling etc and also see if there is a carrier settings update. 

Lastly reset the network settings. 

Enter your Sky SIM again and wait an hour. That's what I tried and it worked. Worth case it was 3 weeks and then it was active. 

Basically trying to force an removal of the carriers services setting and then forcing a reinstall of it. 

Researcher
Post 104 of 122

It is now July and I am not receiving visual voicemail or WiFi call assist! Please update your answers on when these features are coming. 

Researcher
Post 105 of 122

Mine hasn’t got visual voicemail even tho I’ve just updated my phone