Is Visual Voicemail supported on the iPhone?

Answered
Go to Answer
Camera Assistant
Post 76 of 115

Re: Is Visual Voicemail supported on the iPhone?

@Allanm69wrote:

@Jayboy1990wrote:

Also just to add we have just been given Visual Voicemail Woohoo.

It takes a lot of background work for all of these things to happen.

I came straight from EE to Sky, and over at EE they love Apple as you can see they are the only UK network to support the new Apple Watch with its built in sim. But they don't even have this wizardary you speak of (at the time of me leaving them anyways).

Thanks

Jayboy1990,

You're wrong about EE not having Visual Voicemail, as I had a iPhone 5 on EE in 2014/2015 and Visual Voicemail was active back then. Also, the reason why the Apple Watch 3 is only available on EE is more likely due to an exclusiviety agreement than anything technical!!

I didnt say EE havent got VVM. I mentioned the Wizardary (meaning - transcipted VM)

Thanks

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*

Just helping where i can. Or adding my 2 pence worth!
Researcher
Post 77 of 115

Thanks

I didnt say EE havent got VVM. I mentioned the Wizardary (meaning - transcipted VM)

Ahh I understand!! Just got confused thinking you were referring to VVM instead of transcripted VM. I think someone has stated that it's a US feature which hasn't found it's way to our shores yet!! Smiley Happy

Boom Operator
Post 78 of 115

I too left EE and yes they do love Apple,  but let’s be fair, they don’t quite have everybody, re I watch 3 I have one of those and have to stay with EE for it to work. I actually think EE are a bit unfair re the I watch, they are keeping the monopoly on that. I do believe out of pure greed. EE took over orange, T mobile . By the way EE is a division of BT. Not only in England but also in America. Check it out on wickapeada. Making it one of the biggest networks in the world and Uk. How in reality are other networks supposed to compete. Even O2. I was with orange for years, so back in 2012 when they merged, although at that point I could have stayed with orange in the background I did renew my contract with EE the offers they where giving where actually brilliant. Now EE take liberties, by charging the earth for the iPhone X for one, I did have the iPhone 8 I had 5 phones on my contract and  was allowed to upgrade my phone every year due to having so many phones. They did contact me over the IPhone 8 because it was the first time in years I decided not to upgrade due to wanting £99 upfront and a increase in my contract. I was already paying £49.99 on my iPhone 7 so after explaining why I wasn’t upgrading, they did say as a loyal customer I could have the new phone at the same contract prices as my 7 and they forgo the £99 deposit. So at that time I also had the series 3 Watch. During the cooling off period I decided that I wanted the iPhone X instead. So sent the 8 back, as my contract was up at that point anyway and only a week a two away for all contracts to expire I then just went back to the 7 they did offer to order me the I phone x but at £82.99 a month with a upfront cost of £ 99 they again said they would forgo the upfront cost. I declined because no phone in my opinion is with £82.99 a month. So there we have the problem with EE trying to hold people to ransom especially if you want the iwatch cellular by keeping hold of the only network that offers it on the watch. Now please tell me that’s not pure greed on EEs part. It should be available cellular I watch on other networks. I bet it will not be for some time yet though. It would be interesting to find out how much they paid Apple to be a exclusive network on the cellular I watch 3.............  I am more than happy with sky, if anything sky could do different is have bigger data packages at a more reasonable cost. Considering I have 4 mobiles on sky. I also have literally full sky plus subscription with 5 boxes in my house and fibre unlimited broadband and telephone. With paying extra for unlimited calls on my landline ...... come on sky it’s one hell of a lot a money off my accounts with you, and I have had sky from day one when it first came out in 1988. 

Runner
Post 79 of 115

Hi

So, today is 12th April, I have OS11.3 and no visual voicemail.  Any idea why is that?

Thanks

Boom Operator
Post 80 of 115

Have you updated your phone to iOS 11.03 if not update, it should be automatic. If it doesn’t do it automatically go to settings and your voicemail will ask you to create a PIN number once you have put a PIN number in, believe it or not visual voicemail will be set, mine did it automatically once I updated to iOS 11.03. Good look. 

Boom Operator
Post 81 of 115

Hi sorry I see you have updated to iOS 11.03 so follow the bottom bit by going to create a pin for Voivemail, then you will have visual voicemail. If for some unknown reason you don’t, let me know and I may have another couple of ideas for you ok, let me know how you get on. Hope it goes ok 

Researcher
Post 82 of 115

Hi, thanks for that. I fiddled about and got it working eventually and I think by your method. 

Runner
Post 83 of 115

Hi !

Thanks for the tip.  I tried that (suppose you mean in the phone app in settings) but no joy.  I have also turned it then off and on again, entered a different pin but does not seem to do it.

Any further help would be greatly appreciated...!!

Community Manager
Post 84 of 115

Could it possibly be the carrier settings?

If you go to Settings -> General -> About

A prompt should appear if your carrier settings are not the latest. I have VVM enabled just now and next to Carrier I have "Sky 32.0"

Sam
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
Boom Operator
Post 85 of 115

Glad you got it sorted, they don’t actually give you any instructions do they. It purely by accident I found out about the pin method. My VVM was working fine, on EE however my daughters phone wasn’t she asked me to check it for her, once I entered a PIN number she suddenly had VVM. Rather bizarre however if it’s working it’s great, However because it’s a peculiar way of doing it by pin method you would have thought they would have given information about it, not just finding out by accident. Just really please you have VVM working now. 

Runner
Post 86 of 115

Hi.  Yes same, I have Sky 32.0 ... but no VVM .... hmm? 

Camera Assistant
Post 87 of 115

Call yourself and leave a voicemail - this worked for me

Jay

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*

Just helping where i can. Or adding my 2 pence worth!
Runner
Post 88 of 115

Thank you! but would you believe it? another lovely text message and no vvm...... Smiley Frustrated

Researcher
Post 89 of 115

So what I did was make sure call forwarding is turned off in settings. Then go to the make a call screen and enter *61*759# and call. Do the same again with *62*759# and I think it is *67*759#

this diverts all unavailable calls to vm. 

Might be adviseable to call 759 first and set a pin and also activate voicemail in there

Runner
Post 90 of 115

Thank you! disappointingly though, still no visual voicemail.