Is Visual Voicemail supported on the iPhone?

Answered
Go to Answer
Sound Designer
Post 61 of 115

Re: Is Visual Voicemail supported on the iPhone?

Runner
Post 62 of 115

Sky visual voicemail is here and works well with the newest iOS update. It even makes the little icon sign in the corner actually work which didn’t before!!

Researcher
Post 63 of 115

Did you do anything else other than update the iOS?

Researcher
Post 64 of 115

@Hansol2005wrote:

When is WiFi Caliing coming to Sky Mobile? Yes we now have visual vicemail which is great, but it's the wifi calling that everyone is waiting for..

Hansol2005, I think it would be better if you started a separate thread for WiFi calling, as this thread is for visual voicemail.

Also, I would disagree with your statement that everyone is waiting for it, as I rarely used it when I was on Vodafone so it’s not all that!!

Researcher
Post 65 of 115

@Lcol98wrote:

No I just updated to iOS 11.3 and visual voicemail is activated.

Sound Designer
Post 66 of 115

There is already a thread on WiFi calling as I have pointed out:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Mobile/WiFi-calling-on-Samsung-s8-plus/td-p/2821949

Runner
Post 67 of 115

@Lcol98wrote:

Nope literally just done the update and then the number sign appeared next to the phone app and it was there. 

Runner
Post 68 of 115

Now that we have visual voicemail, will we be getting voicemail transcripts? I have iPhone 7+ and it is available on other networks. 

Researcher
Post 69 of 115

@Jammyfwrote:

Now that we have visual voicemail, will we be getting voicemail transcripts? I have iPhone 7+ and it is available on other networks. 

Which UK networks supports voicemail transcription as an option to their visual voicemail?

I’m aware of the app HulloMail which can do this, but the network has to support voicemail forwarding for it to work - Sky doesn’t support it!!

Researcher
Post 70 of 115

anyone know how to switch the notifications off for this thread now? 

Sound Designer
Post 71 of 115

Just go into "My Settings" and then to "Subscriptions&Bookmarks" and delete the ones you no longer wish to receive.

Community Manager
Post 72 of 115

Should also be an orange unsubscribe button at the top right of the page as well. 

Sam
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
Community Manager
Post 73 of 115

@Allanm69 wrote:

@Jammyfwrote:

Which UK networks supports voicemail transcription as an option to their visual voicemail?

I’m aware of the app HulloMail which can do this, but the network has to support voicemail forwarding for it to work - Sky doesn’t support it!!

Hi Both, I don't believe any UK networks support proper voicemail transcription through iOS. It's a US/Canada only thing for now. I think it's been that way for a while. 

Sam
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
Camera Assistant
Post 74 of 115

Also just to add we have just been given Visual Voicemail Woohoo.

It takes a lot of background work for all of these things to happen.

I came straight from EE to Sky, and over at EE they love Apple as you can see they are the only UK network to support the new Apple Watch with its built in sim. But they don't even have this wizardary you speak of (at the time of me leaving them anyways).

Thanks

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*

Just helping where i can. Or adding my 2 pence worth!
Researcher
Post 75 of 115

@Jayboy1990wrote:

Also just to add we have just been given Visual Voicemail Woohoo.

It takes a lot of background work for all of these things to happen.

I came straight from EE to Sky, and over at EE they love Apple as you can see they are the only UK network to support the new Apple Watch with its built in sim. But they don't even have this wizardary you speak of (at the time of me leaving them anyways).

Thanks

Jayboy1990,

You're wrong about EE not having Visual Voicemail, as I had a iPhone 5 on EE in 2014/2015 and Visual Voicemail was active back then. Also, the reason why the Apple Watch 3 is only available on EE is more likely due to an exclusiviety agreement than anything technical!!