Is Visual Voicemail supported on the iPhone?

Answered
Go to Answer
Runner
Post 31 of 115

Re: Is Visual Voicemail supported on the iPhone?

I agree in that I too wouldn’t have switched to Sky, from O2, if it’d been clear this basic service wasn’t available. 

I seem to think it was included on the 3GS when that came out in 2009 so not really cutting edge technology. 

Runner
Post 32 of 115

Hello,

Can you advise if visual voicemail is coming? You stated later this year and I believe the original post was back in Jan 2017?

Thank you

Lee

@Sam-R wrote:

Short answer: no

Longer answer:

Visual voicemail will be available on iPhone later this year. In the meantime, voicemail text alerts can be switched on by dialling 759 from your Sky Mobile, option 3 to change settings, option 2 for notifications and then option 1 to turn text alerts on/off. Switching this on will send text messages when new voicemail messages are left.

thanks 

Runner
Post 33 of 115

Just moved over from O2 to Sky mobile and, as per so many customers it would seem, am disappointed by the lack of visual voicemail. It seems like a fairly straightforward expectation to be able to have this feature. 

Any update on when it might actually be coming? Every response so far just seems to be a ‘generic future date’ such as “next spring” or “this year”. Surely as customers who are paying a fair amount of money for a service, it shouldn’t be too difficult to provide genuine timeframe on when this can be expected? 

Community Manager
Post 34 of 115

Hi @Bobface4589

Unfortunately, I cannot be any more accurate with dates for now. As soon as I hear anything I will post in the community though. 

The time frame is genuine if a little vague for now and I apologise for that. 

Sam
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
Boom Operator
Post 35 of 115

No visual voicemail not available yet on sky mobile, as of today’s date there are only 2 networks who offer visual voicemail. That’s O2 and EE. From my understanding sky are part of the O2 group, so I personally think it’s just a matter of time. Although I do have phones on EE also, I do not tend to use this app. 

Researcher
Post 36 of 115

Slay aren’t part of O2, they just use their network 

Boom Operator
Post 37 of 115

Thank you Micky I wasn’t too sure to be honest if sky was part of O2 or not, it was a friend of mine who told me, I didn’t do research because I really wasn’t bothered if it was or not. I have been with EE years, and only just literally found out it’s owned by BT. I was so surprised and only came across it by accident. Again at the end of the day as long as I get a good signal and good service that’s what matters 

Runner
Post 38 of 115

I’ve just taken signed up for 5 SIM cards to use with 5 iPhones. I’m absolutely shocked and disgusted there is no visual voicemail. All contracts will be cancelled later today. Goodbye sky!!!!!

Sound Designer
Post 39 of 115

It will be available soon they just looking in to at the moment cancel your sim because due this just give sky some time when they trying get this in few months 

ashley jones
Researcher
Post 40 of 115

End of summer is not a few months....

Either way, I took my contract out well over 6 months ago and I specifically asked if they had visual voicemail and was told yes they do, which is a common lie they are telling potential customers. 

Boom Operator
Post 41 of 115

Visual voicemail are only available on EE and O2

personally I prefer the lower prices, for the iPhone X

is now £72 a month on EE who I have just left, that’s just too disgusting a price to pay for any mobile device, they also want a £99 upfront cost. I am not prepared to pay that price on any phone, let alone just for visual voicemail. When I was on EE I tried it once, on a few occasions it didn’t get the words correct. Also doesn’t understand many English words, they want to change it to Amircan English. Sorry I am not being offensive but I am English and do not speak American English. I speak the Queens English..... I think to cancel a contract because it doesn’t have visual voicemail is ridiculous. I am sure it will come eventually, as it will with all the networks. EE and O2 just want to monopolise the market. Well those of you who want to extortionate prices just for visual voicemail. Feel free, can’t see the necessity myself 

Researcher
Post 42 of 115

wrote:

Visual voicemail are only available on EE and O2

personally I prefer the lower prices, for the iPhone X

is now £72 a month on EE who I have just left, that’s just too disgusting a price to pay for any mobile device, they also want a £99 upfront cost. I am not prepared to pay that price on any phone, let alone just for visual voicemail. When I was on EE I tried it once, on a few occasions it didn’t get the words correct. Also doesn’t understand many English words, they want to change it to Amircan English. Sorry I am not being offensive but I am English and do not speak American English. I speak the Queens English..... I think to cancel a contract because it doesn’t have visual voicemail is ridiculous. I am sure it will come eventually, as it will with all the networks. EE and O2 just want to monopolise the market. Well those of you who want to extortionate prices just for visual voicemail. Feel free, can’t see the necessity myself 

I’m not sure you’re talking about the same thing here. Visual voice mail is the app which simply shows individual messages in a visible list and allows you to click on each message to play them, rewind, pause etc. At least, this is what this conversation is about - not something that converts speech to text - maybe that’s an option I was unaware of - but essentially what most people are talking about is the visual display in menu form of the messages waiting on your voicemail. You’re right about the prices on other networks however.  

Boom Operator
Post 43 of 115

How god what a idiot I am yes I did get confused, maybe because I have flu and a chest infection. I did think people where talking about the apps that convert Voivemail to text like messages. After I read your post, it clicked into place. I agree I do miss the virtual voicemail. Please accept my apologies for not being on the ball. Although I do miss not being able to see the list of voicemail, for the price I pay for the  iPhone X  compared to my previous network EE I do have to say, it’s not a deal breaker for me,  although I do think with the technology out there every network should be able to support virtual voicemail these days, yet to do find it’s strange that only EE and O2 are the only two network that offer it. Maybe like me a lot of  things the purchase the tights to it, to attract more custom, however there charges sooner or later I think a lot of people will end up leaving and going to another network. I did read one post that even now a comment I left I will stand by. Someone had said something about the cost of iPhones it’s disgusting it’s not got virtual voicemail. I will definitely stand by my comment about it’s nothing to do with the cost of a phone, it’s network who should take responsibility. We all know especially iPhones can and do support virtual voicemail on the two networks it’s suplied  by. So sorry for having gotten mixed up 😂😂

Runner
Post 44 of 115

I’m pleased I’ve just read this thread. I was about to activate 4 sky sims, but won’t be bothering now. 

Visual voicemail is important to me. 

Researcher
Post 45 of 115

I'm an iPhone user who came from Vodafone, who have NEVER had Visual Voicemail. While on Vodafone I used a great app called Hullomail, which was actually better than Visual Voicemail as it could convert voicemail messages into text and email them to you. However, Sky don't allow forwarding of voicemails, so Hullomail won't work either. 

Now I understand that implementing Visual Voicemail probably has a price tag associated with it, but why disable voicemail forwarding so we can't use Hullomail? Absolutely no reason for Sky to do this, so I'd love to know when voicemail forwarding will be enabled?