Is Visual Voicemail supported on the iPhone?

Answered
Go to Answer
New Viewer
Post 16 of 122

Re: Is Visual Voicemail supported on the iPhone?

This is a very good question, as just moved over from O2 and now realised that there is no Visual Voicemail on Sky. When will this feature be available as that feature is very useful to me. 

Researcher
Post 17 of 122

Fantastic - NOT. 

I've just put my SIM card in under the impression the VM is available becasue it's the first question I asked when I ordered my phone and SIM. 

Looks like I'll be going back to EE and cancelling this contract. 

Boom Operator
Post 18 of 122

Hi all.

Well i ditched three mobile to come across.

Well happy so far, i never had this feature before but it is working on my new iphone 8+ if that helps.

Prob is i don't use it really, prob i have 1 have cleared my new voicemail today but still showing i have 1 missed called eg (Voicemail) how do i get rid of it.

Cheers i hopt some of my reply helps you all.

New Viewer
Post 19 of 122

Thanks for the update Sam.  I was looking at the iPhone X on Sky mobile but like many other customers, the lack of visual voicemail is a deal breaker.  I will be staying with O2 as a result.
Visual voicemail is a differentiating feature.  If the number of people commenting on this string is an indicative sample, there is likely to be a good business case for Sky Mobile to introduce Visual Voicemail.

Researcher
Post 20 of 122

Just setting up my new iPhone 8 having moved from o2 after 13.5 years because of bad deals and bad customer service. I’m shocked to find no visual v/m on Sky. I’ve had it for years with o2 so why isn’t here? I’m annoyed and going to look around for something that can offer everything I need. I’m also not happy reading this thread and hearing  that Sky has been promising it for months and has not delivered. Very disappointed. 

Community Manager
Post 21 of 122

Hi all, 

I've got an update on visual voicemail for you. We're looking to add support for this in spring into summer 2018. 

Thanks 

Sam
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
Runner
Post 22 of 122

That’s terrible.  I wish I’d known that sky didn’t support it and I wouldn’t have left EE. 

Researcher
Post 23 of 122

So a year from now and nearly two years from when this thread was started and VV was promised for late 2017. I won’t hold my breath then.

Runner
Post 24 of 122

This was the reply I received from sky this morning. 

Good Morning, your through to Kevin. 😀

🙏 Sorry about the wait. ⏰

Sky do not support visual voicemail.

Community Manager
Post 25 of 122

@FeFeOnSky wrote:

So a year from now and nearly two years from when this thread was started and VV was promised for late 2017. I won’t hold my breath then.

No, no - Spring/summer next year. Hoping spring but don't want to pin any colours to my mast if I'm not in direct control of the change happening. Smiley Happy

Sam
Community Manager

Community Manager
Post 26 of 122

@AllyM1001 wrote:

This was the reply I received from sky this morning. 

Good Morning, your through to Kevin. 😀

🙏 Sorry about the wait. ⏰

Sky do not support visual voicemail.

@AllyM1001 That is correct. We don't support it just now. We are working on adding support and looking like spring/summer next year. The agent you spoke to probably wouldn't be privy to future plans.

Sam
Community Manager

Runner
Post 27 of 122

I've just switched from O2 to Sky mobile, mainly due to price but did so with confidence as was reasured by advisor that, as sky mobile is provided by O2, all the o2 features would essentially be the same. Only realised today that visual voicemail is not one of those supported features!

Really not happy abou this, i have a couple of elderly relatives who have issues with their speach so the ability to rewind and replay thier voicemails so easily with the visual vm was essential and now it's gone. Like a lot of other people who've posted about this, this is something advisors should be highlighting to folk and not waiting until you've cancelled your old contract to find out about.

Researcher
Post 28 of 122

Chucklemuch- you’ve hit the voicemail on the head. They get you in, then reveal their failures. I get really, very, extremely, massively  annoyed with every single voicemail I receive and then have to go through the painful, lengthy, pathetic faff of listening to Sky’s extremely old school voicemail rubbish. I doubt it’s that big a deal for them to sort if they really put the effort in. So why is it taking so long when other providers had it done YEARS ago?

Researcher
Post 29 of 122

Visual voicemail was important to me also and a feature I’m missing greatly after moving over from EE. I get too many messages left and having to listen to a caller’s number read out before the VM they’ve left for me is extremely frustrating. (Number should come after the message - or only if I want to know it.). Quite often I only want to hear urgent messsges from directors etc. 

I’ve stopped picking up my messages now and just call people back instead which can be annoying for them to have to repeat themselves. The deal from sky was great, but visual voicemail is One of the basics I’ve come to expect on an iPhone after many years of having it. 

I’d just like to add my thoughts, along with others here, that it’s something I hope sky mobile can resolve as a matter of urgency. Summer 2018 certainly seems  too long a wait for this. 

Runner
Post 30 of 122

I would really appreciate visual voicemail too. I don’t think I’d have switched to Sky mobile if I’d known this wasn’t available. The way voicemail is accessed is archaic and needs to be changed, and soon. 

Recommended Threads