Discussion topic: I’m unable to send international SMS messages

This message was authored by Pa6840 This message was authored by: Pa6840

I’m unable to send international SMS messages

Hi, I'm unable to send international SMS messages. UK to UK number SMS works fine and iMessage UK ti USA works fine but if iMessage but it will fail to send an SMS if iMessage isn't available. 
I've turned my iMessage off and tried it with a friend who's phone is on but it will won't send. Any help?? 

thank you in advance! 

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: I’m unable to send international SMS messages

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Pa6840  Do you have the spend cap set to £0.00?

https://www.sky.com/productsettings/mobile/sim/x/plan-sim-settings

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Pa6840
Topic Author

I didn't have one set but I've just set one for £100, and it still failed to send?

@Pa6840  I'm not sure how long it takes to update, however in the meantime have a look heree for charges  https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-mobile/data-calls-and-texts-mobile/mobile-texts/going-or-calling-a...

Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Pa6840
Topic Author

@GD1 I'll give it 24 hours and try again. It does show on the account that I now have one. I did call sky this morning regarding it and the gentleman I spoke with couldn't answer my question. 

Pa6840
Topic Author

@GD1  Do you have any other advice I could try? It hasn't worked. I tried to call sky but again they don't seem to understand my issue

@Pa6840  I don't know if the Community Team can help, however I've escalated your post via the community chat. This link explains how it works https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Keep an eye out for an invite or blue chat bubble.

When the blue bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

Be reassured the email & message is from Sky and your details are safe and secure.
If you are using Safari please make sure that Hide IP Address is not checked in order to see the blue bubble. If you are having trouble finding this to check the settings, use another browser such as Firefox, Chrome etc.

I would also recommend that if not already on, that you turn email/private message notifications on to avoid missing any alerts

This message was authored by EY22 This message was authored by: EY22

I'm having the same issue and my spend cap is high enough to allow it. My parents in the USA aren't getting my sms texts but I am getting theirs. Any suggestions?

Pa6840
Topic Author

@EY22  For myself personally I was never able to find an answer. My spend cap was £100 and I had phones Sky multiple times with no luck so I switched providers and went to EE (between needing to text internationally and the signal issues I had it was the better move for me) 

hopefully by now someone will have an answer but it might be worth noting that if you hold a phone contact with them the sim part is only contacted for 12months so after that you won't occur fees for leaving. 
The only other suggestion is getting an free number app that you pay for monthly (open phone, text me etc and set up a international phone number in the same place your wanting to text to) 

sorry I can't be much help but maybe someone else has more of an insight. 

This message was authored by Graham100 This message was authored by: Graham100

I'm having the same issue. My wife's phone and my phone send international texts but my clients in the USA and my wife's parents in New Zealand don't get our texts.  I've been on to Sky a number of times over the past couple of weeks and they say the issue has been "esculated" to some higher level of importance and they will call me in 72 hours (I've had that before and they didn't call). At the end of the call I had with them today, the bloke had the cheek to ask if I was happy with the service I've recieved and I of course said "no". I told him if it's not fixed be this time next week, we will

switch networks.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion