Discussion topic: How to complain about the appalling internet and mobile signal strength

This message was authored by Matt190 This message was authored by: Matt190

How to complain about the appalling internet and mobile signal strength

Hi, how do I make a complaint about how poor the 5G/4G/3G/Wifi signal strength is when using my mobile phone? Whether I am at home or out and about? On my commute to work via train, the signal is so poor for the entire journey that I give up using it. The phone can indicate 5G signal strenth and full mobile signal, yet all I find is the spinning wheel on all media and internet pages failing to load. 

Even at home over wifi I am not finding that media constantly freezes and I get the spining wheel.  

I am absolutely eating through data even when working from home, which is even more concerning because it means that even when conncected to wifi the data is being used. 

I am also finding that work calls (zoom etc) are becoming more of a problem, constantly freezing and cutting out when using my laptop over wifi when I never used to have that problem.

To be honest, I pay a fortune for Sky, with the TV, broadband and multiple mobile phone contracts and the level of service is shockingly bad. I can't even tell you how many times the Sky Q boxes have to be reset. 

What tops it off is not even having an easy mechanism by which to complain!

All Replies

Matt190
Topic Author
This message was authored by Matt190 This message was authored by: Matt190

Re: How to complain about the appalling internet and mobile signal strength

I made a typo 

Even at home over wifi I am not now finding that media constantly freezes and I get the spining wheel.  

This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

Re: How to complain about the appalling internet and mobile signal strength

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Matt190  if your phone is having issues when on WiFi and data then that would suggest a phone issue as if it was a sky mobile issue then the phone should be ok on WiFi. Try disabling mobile data when on WiFi and that will at least force the phone to just use WiFi. 

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion