How to claim compensation for the recent downtime?

Oracle
Post 16 of 30

Re: How to claim compensation for the recent downtime?

@baggy13 wrote:

and your company really thinks this is a good replacement for the trouble that has been caused while o2 are offering £75 to their customers. One word POOR

Are they? Strange as I am an O2 customer and I haven't been offered that. 

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.

imagebam.com
Runner
Post 17 of 30

I'm with O2 and sky. I'd rather get the days unlimited data to be honest. 

Sound Supervisor
Post 18 of 30

2 days credit to me is worth 40 pence, don't think I'll bother Smiley Happy

Camera Assistant
Post 19 of 30

A lot of havoc yesterday and took a little while to sort out,though got to antocipate there will be some issues with technology now and again.  O2 customers do seem to be getting a better deal but hopefully Sky takes some of the criticsm on board though some affected more than others.  Personally I'm in a contract with EE   (though was considering Sky at a later date)

Boom Operator
Post 20 of 30

@marty3 wrote:

Do I simply cancel the direct debit and bin the sky SIM card and count my loses or is sky actually going to be giving us some discount?

I would like to know how exactly sky is going to make up the 100s of pounds I lost today in business alone. Not to mention the 3 hours I spent in a phone box. In which cost me 68 pound in calls on my credit card just trying to keep my self some customers. 

Is all good and well saying sorry. But sorry doesn't pay my bills. I can't not pay my bills and then say I'm sorry. They will come and take my stuff. To say I'm upset is an understatement. And I'm not even expected a response from sky so is it plan a? Cancel direct debit and bin the sky SIM card and go with Vodafone or are you going to step up. 

Surely the sensible and cheaper option would of been to pick up a pay and go sim from another network rather than use a phone box?

Managing Editor
Post 21 of 30

Free Data Day has started well, some 4g Sky News via Q app.

Nice quality, thanks sky this is fun.

Executive Producer
Post 22 of 30

O2 are not giving £75 it all depends on the contract people are on, there are details of compensation on "money saving expert"

With O2 you can claim for consequental loss but Sky's T&Cs do not allow for this.

GiffGaff have a fund you can claim from but there are no details.

Researcher
Post 23 of 30

@Dandy35 wrote:

Sky mobile doesn’t do business mobile do they?

baffled as to how you lost so much money when it was data that was Down calls and texts were fine 

Your wrong sir. It was not just data it was calls and texts. For the whole day it was not registered on network every time I try making a call

Hello.
Researcher
Post 24 of 30

It was all down for me too!!

Camera Assistant
Post 25 of 30

To be honest I'm on the war path with Sky Mobile.

I missed 4 calls from my GP on Thursday because calls were being sent to voicemail as I had no service on my iPhone.

Not to mention I missed 2 calls from the hospital where my wife was being treated as an in-patient that day, I was supposed to collect her from the hospital after her treatment. I was originally told by the Sky Mobile team the fault was impacting just data. However the problem escalated and voice and text was affected. In the end my wife had to catch a Uber home instead of me picking her up. As far as i'm concerned Sky owe me £32 for the cost of the Uber.

A day's free data doesn't cut it, especially when I have 51gb of data in the PiggyBank.

Its easy for Sky to blame O2, fair enough O2's network, but my contactual obligations are with Sky.

Sky Mobile don't want to know or deal with my complaint, just one big fob off basically, so escalations it is.

Executive Producer
Post 26 of 30

If as the BBC news site states "

Mobile operator O2 is understood to be seeking millions in damages from supplier Ericsson after last week's day-long data network collapse.

Then perhaps cash compensation should be spread down to all effected.

Researcher
Post 27 of 30

@Stormed wrote:

@marty3 wrote:

Do I simply cancel the direct debit and bin the sky SIM card and count my loses or is sky actually going to be giving us some discount?

I would like to know how exactly sky is going to make up the 100s of pounds I lost today in business alone. Not to mention the 3 hours I spent in a phone box. In which cost me 68 pound in calls on my credit card just trying to keep my self some customers. 

Is all good and well saying sorry. But sorry doesn't pay my bills. I can't not pay my bills and then say I'm sorry. They will come and take my stuff. To say I'm upset is an understatement. And I'm not even expected a response from sky so is it plan a? Cancel direct debit and bin the sky SIM card and go with Vodafone or are you going to step up. 

Surely the sensible and cheaper option would of been to pick up a pay and go sim from another network rather than use a phone box?

Probably would of yes. However my phone being locked to sky wouldn't accept another SIM from other networks. Only those under the o2 tree (Tesco. Giffgaff as o2) in which all of those were down so getting another SIM wouldn't of done me any good. And even if I could of used a pay n go SIM from other network in my phone I expect the call costs would of been even more . I've no idea how pay as go deals go these days. It's been a very long time since I had one. 

I did think of just buying a cheap phone on another network ie pay as go but I was unsure at the time which networks were affected. I thought a land line would be the best choice. Was not prepared to buy a phone which in turn would be just as useless as my own s8. To be honest it was all a mad scramble which I could of definetly done without.

Hello.
Researcher
Post 28 of 30

And yea a day of free data is bs. Specually by the time I learned that we was getting free data was on here on late Saturday evening. I would not even of known about a day free data if not from this very forum. A text the day or 2 days b4 would of been nice. But nothing. So as far as I'm concerned I never got a free day of anything.

And to be honest a free day of data is bs. I have so much data in the piggy bank who cares for a free day of data. Specially even when the entire world only needs to use data very rarely cuz is free everywhere. If your virgin media home internet customer Wi-Fi is literally free every where you go. And even if your not is still free every where. Even on the bus. A free day of data is pants.

Hello.
Managing Editor
Post 29 of 30

@marty3 wrote:

I certainly wouldn't & don't rely on a Residential Mobile service for a business.

Sound Supervisor
Post 30 of 30

They sent texts out on the Friday advising of the UL data on the following day.

Recommended Threads