How to claim compensation for the recent downtime?

Researcher
Post 1 of 26

How to claim compensation for the recent downtime?

Do I simply cancel the direct debit and bin the sky SIM card and count my loses or is sky actually going to be giving us some discount?

I would like to know how exactly sky is going to make up the 100s of pounds I lost today in business alone. Not to mention the 3 hours I spent in a phone box. In which cost me 68 pound in calls on my credit card just trying to keep my self some customers. 

Is all good and well saying sorry. But sorry doesn't pay my bills. I can't not pay my bills and then say I'm sorry. They will come and take my stuff. To say I'm upset is an understatement. And I'm not even expected a response from sky so is it plan a? Cancel direct debit and bin the sky SIM card and go with Vodafone or are you going to step up. 

Hello.
All Replies
Managing Editor
Post 2 of 26

Re: How to claim compensation for the recent downtime?

@marty3   I'm afraid it's highly unlikely you'll be covered for loss of Business as per the T & C's you agreed to, 

Sky, SSSL and SRS will not be liable under this contract to you, or to any other person you allow to use Sky Mobile services, for:

a) any fault in your SIM card or equipment caused by tampering or negligence (unless Sky Mobile Customer Contract 28 2514-12_SMTC1118_v4.indd 28 25/10/2018 10:53 caused by us) or by the failure to follow our reasonable instructions or these conditions;

b) any use made of Sky Mobile services, nor for any content which is accessed, sent or received using the service, nor for any charges incurred with any third party or for any transactions entered into through Sky Mobile, unless caused by us;

c) the act of suspending Sky Mobile services or ending this contract in accordance with conditions 8.8. to 8.11;

d) any delay or failure by us to provide the Sky Mobile services (or any part of them) or deliver equipment caused by events outside Sky’s, SSSL’s or SRS’s reasonable control. Matters outside our reasonable control include (but are not limited to) severe weather conditions, epidemic, civil disorder, terrorist activity, war and government action;

e) any delay or failure by us to provide Sky Mobile services caused by a change made by a device manufacturer or provider of an operating system used on a device that is outside Sky’s, SSSL’s or SRS’s reasonable control;

f) any damage to separate devices or content that belong to you caused by digital content we have supplied where such damage would not have been caused if you had followed our reasonable instructions;

g) any loss or damage caused by your use of Sky Mobile services or your equipment or caused by Sky, SSSL or SRS or any of their respective officers, employees, sub-contractors or agents in circumstances where:

(i) there is no breach of a contractual obligation or legal duty of care by them or any of their officers, employees, sub-contractors or agents; or

(ii) such loss or damage was not contemplated by both you and us at the time we entered into this contract;

h) any loss or damage caused by us, SSSL or SRS, or any of our, SSSL’s or SRS’s respective officers, employees, sub-contractors or agents to the extent that such loss or damage results from any breach by you of these conditions, unless our or their officers, employees, sub-contractors or agents were also in breach of a legal obligation or duty of care owed by them and that breach was the most significant cause of the loss or damage;

i) any loss or damage caused by viruses or unauthorised use of Sky Mobile services that are not directly caused by or attributable to us or the Sky Mobile services;

j) any loss of or damage to any content transmitted or accessed via the Sky Mobile services; and

k) any loss of business, contracts, profits, anticipated savings, reputation, or revenue.

For the duration of the outage I think the best you can expect is maybe a prorata off your bill which would be around 60p

Oracle
Post 3 of 26

@marty3 wrote:

Do I simply cancel the direct debit and bin the sky SIM card and count my loses or is sky actually going to be giving us some discount?

I would like to know how exactly sky is going to make up the 100s of pounds I lost today in business alone. Not to mention the 3 hours I spent in a phone box. In which cost me 68 pound in calls on my credit card just trying to keep my self some customers. 

Is all good and well saying sorry. But sorry doesn't pay my bills. I can't not pay my bills and then say I'm sorry. They will come and take my stuff. To say I'm upset is an understatement. And I'm not even expected a response from sky so is it plan a? Cancel direct debit and bin the sky SIM card and go with Vodafone or are you going to step up. 

Hi @marty3 You may want to read your contract with Sky that you agreed too when you signed up. 

https://www.sky.com/shop/__PDF/Sky-Mobile-Contract.pdf

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.

imagebam.com
Community Manager
Post 4 of 26

We’re really sorry for the issues you experienced on Sky Mobile yesterday. We’re giving you a day of free unlimited UK data this Saturday 8 Dec, so you can catch up on all the things you’ve missed. You don’t need to do a thing.

Sam
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
Researcher
Post 5 of 26

and your company really thinks this is a good replacement for the trouble that has been caused while o2 are offering £75 to their customers. One word POOR

Sound Designer
Post 6 of 26

£75 per customer??? They have 25 million direct customers, that would be pushing 2 BILLION pounds they'd pay out so don't talk nonsense.

Oracle
Post 7 of 26

There is no way you would get £75 in compensation as that would be way more than your monthly bill for what was a one day outage.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Runner
Post 8 of 26

Sky mobile doesn’t do business mobile do they?

baffled as to how you lost so much money when it was data that was Down calls and texts were fine 

Community Manager
Post 9 of 26

Nope, no business mobile from us. calls and SMS were actually affected throughout the day as well. 

Sam
Community Manager

Researcher
Post 10 of 26

Why are O2 customers getting 2 days of free data and yet Sky are only giving 1 day????

We still have a mast down in my area so still have intermittent usage!!

It's really unfair!

Sound Designer
Post 11 of 26

Having a local mast down still is nothing to do with yesterdays outage.

Researcher
Post 12 of 26

O2 customers still get 2 days free while Sky give 1

is that not unfair??

not a problem for me though I’ve complained and got more!!

Community Manager
Post 13 of 26

Hi there,

I think O2 are giving two days of airtime cost as a refund. You'd need to check with them on details. Ours is slightly different in that it's free data for a day. 

Sam
Community Manager

Researcher
Post 14 of 26

2 days credit!

Oracle
Post 15 of 26

This is what O2 are offering:

Pay Monthly customers will be credited with two days of monthly airtime subscription charges in January.

Pay As You Go customers will get 10% credit on a top-up and Pay As You Go mobile broadband users will get 10% off a Bolt On purchase, in the new year.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.