How do I get Sky to contact DPD to deliver my phones?

Answered
Go to Answer
Researcher
Post 1 of 6

How do I get Sky to contact DPD to deliver my phones?

Over the last 4 days, since I placed an order for 3 iPhone SEs from Sky Mobile, I have been shunted from pillar to post by both Sky and DPD, neither side wanting to take responsibility for the fact that my phones have not been delivered, and refusing to communicate with each other to expedite this.

I placed the order on Thursday, through Sky Online chat. I asked whether I could order 3, as my agents and I were all looking for new phone deals, and we were impressed by Sky's offer. On successful completion, I received an email from Sky to say that DPD would be delivering the phones the following morning.

The delivery time came and went, and on tracking the delivery driver on the DPD website, found that he had completed his deliveries in my area, and returned to the depot.

I then decided to contact DPD's support services, and received a email in reply saying that there had been an issue with the parcel, and asking me to contact Sky's to ask them to contact their investigation team to facilitate the delivery.

I contacted Sky on Saturday, which in itself took several hours trying to get someone to speak to, only to be told that there were no problems from Sky's end, and I would need to contact DPD again.

I got in touch with DPD on Monday morning, giving them my details, and they said that could do no more without Sky's Security Team getting in contact with their Investigation Team, and that Sky knew very well this is the standard process.

In exasperation I contacted Sky again to make a complaint on this, only to be told that DPD had to contact them, and they  knew that this was the process.

I decided to email DPD Customer Services and, without any other address to send things to at Sky, I included the Chief Executive in this as well.

Several hours later, I received another email from DPDI apologising  for the inconvenience caused, but 'we deliver on behalf of Sky, and when you contacted them with the issue they should've taken responsibility to sort this out for you. I don't understand why they are sending you back to us.'

I am now of a mind to cancel all Sky products in disgust at this lack of interest and unwillingness to help. 

Please advise.

[removed] 

Moderator Note: Personal information

Answer

Best Answers
Answer
Community Manager
Post 3 of 6

Re: How do I get Sky to contact DPD to deliver my phones?

Morning @Dubes

It looks like you've had a terrible time of it. I think you've done the right thing by lodging a complaint and my best advice at the minute is to let that run us process that and get in contact with you. Hopefully we are will be able to resolve this satisfactorily. 

I'm unable to access account details/DPD details so I can be of limited help with this matter I'm afraid. 

Sam
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
All Replies
Runner
Post 2 of 6

Hi @Dubes,

Many apologies for the error. If you wish to cancel the product, contact Sky directly.

Thanks,

ITALO.

Answer
Community Manager
Post 3 of 6

Morning @Dubes

It looks like you've had a terrible time of it. I think you've done the right thing by lodging a complaint and my best advice at the minute is to let that run us process that and get in contact with you. Hopefully we are will be able to resolve this satisfactorily. 

I'm unable to access account details/DPD details so I can be of limited help with this matter I'm afraid. 

Sam
Community Manager

Runner
Post 4 of 6

Hi there,

I am having the same problems and for 24 hours as I have no working residential phone and therefore, unable to phone out, I have been tweeting them and DPD, who lied and said tried to deliver, but didn't, only for neither to reply. I contacted Resolver, today and as I need to be contactavle by phone today, I have had to order a pay phone. I'm goimg to leave all my other Sky services as soon as my contract is up. They have responded to other new tweets made today, but not to any of mine, even in the Sky help direct message, I have used the Cooling Off period to cancel my contract. Don't give them the business if they cannot do right by you. It's only Sky Atlantic I will miss, anyway. Way too expensive and that's the draw that keeps people with these useless folk. 

Try: https://www.resolver.co.uk. They are really good. Sky have lost me as a customer. Absolutely disgusting and uncaring. When my contract is up, I'm sorry formthe operator that asks me why I wish to leave...

Good luck!

Sheila

Researcher
Post 5 of 6

Thanks to all of you - good news (hopefully), in that I'm have received an email to say that my phones are going to be delivered today...touch woodSmiley Happy

Community Manager
Post 6 of 6

Amazing - hope all goes well.

Sam
Community Manager