Discussion topic: Higher than expected Data Usage - New Sky mobile customer

This message was authored by Henry11 This message was authored by: Henry11

Higher than expected Data Usage - New Sky mobile customer

Hi there 

I switched to Sim only with Sky (9th Jan) after years with Vodafone on a contract - my usage with Vodafone was never over 6GB.  Today I received a message from Sky advising I have used most of my data.... I opted for 25GB when signing up with Sky and was notified today that I had less than 1GB.  I travelled on the train over the weekend using data and downloaded a book from Audible.  Surely this would not use over 20GB.? I just dont understand.  I have never been in a position having to keep an eye on data and to be advised I have used an extortinate amount of data in 3 weeks.

Has anyone else experience this?

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Higher than expected Data Usage - New Sky mobile customer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Henry11 

Your first bill will be pro rata so you won't get the full 25GB til after your first billing period has passed. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Higher than expected Data Usage - New Sky mobile customer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Henry11 

For your first bill you do not get the full allowance so the 25GB as what you get is based on the number of days before it resets, which could be anything up to 3 weeks and which will be your billing date, so when it does reset you will then get the full 25GB each month.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion