Galaxy S9+ UI update

Runner
Post 1 of 5

Galaxy S9+ UI update

Does anyone know when we will be getting the UI update through Sky? I'm assuming there will be the usual carrier related delay for Sky's own finishing touches on it.

All Replies
Researcher
Post 2 of 5

Re: Galaxy S9+ UI update

Good news here, sky Samsung phones are unlocked phones, there is no carrier delay, so it will be available once Samsung decide to release it uk wise. When that is will be hard to predict, it’s out in some countries, but the list is random and rather slow. I have the note 9 so waiting too, the note update only out in Germany so far!

Researcher
Post 3 of 5

Unfortunatly if your phone is running the BTU software which is the factory unlocked version, then Samsung release this version last. I think they have some agreement with the networks to release their software first. It's really annoying as being unlocked it doesn't need and customising by the networks so it should be out first. If you look at the firware on sammobile and look at the release dates for the UK you will find that once 3 has released their software, it shouldn't be long after that.

Researcher
Post 4 of 5

This is true for security updates but from what I have read, for full android updates (Oreo to pie for instance) we get them before the carriers are out. The phones getting them in the other countries just now are unlocked phones. Hopefully this means we see it January, hard to predict as the update seems to have stalled with few new countries getting it. 

Director of Photography
Post 5 of 5

@HICKegan wrote:

Does anyone know when we will be getting the UI update through Sky? I'm assuming there will be the usual carrier related delay for Sky's own finishing touches on it.

Downloading update on S9 Plus as I type this on a phoned purchased through Sky