Extremely slow/non existent Data speeds

Researcher
Post 31 of 40

Re: Extremely slow/non existent Data speeds

@B16+S7U wrote:

I suggest it would be worth creating a thread for the ‘Airplane Fix’ simply to collate and calculate the impact this is having. 

The handful of cases that we have here would be enough to cause concern, but I know of others who have simply given up on the data part of their account. 

I’d be happy to do this along side this thread? 

I already have a long and protracted history with support, so can carry forward. 

Let me me know what you think. 👍

Go for it Smiley Happy

Sound Supervisor
Post 32 of 40

@Pedro202 wrote:

Can also confirm that this does help with mine too. In Dungannon a few days ago I was getting 2.5mbit down and 3mbit up. after an airplane mode pause I then got 107mbit down and 35mbit up. Seemed to stay working until my signal dropped to H+ on my travels. Have had to do it a few times since.

107??? Wow, didn't even know that was possible.

I'm at home so just tried again and got:-

11.5 & 10.9, 4G

After airplane mode, 13.69 & 21.22, 4G

Airplane mode again and switched to 3G (H+) 23.99 & 5.08 (very consistent looking at previous readings on 3G)

Back to 4G (airplane mode again) 14.9 & 21.79

The relatively slow 4G at home may be due to my position of course, I'm not back at work until the weekend where I usually get a better signal so I'll try from there.

Researcher
Post 33 of 40

@Colin0000 wrote:

@Pedro202 wrote:

Can also confirm that this does help with mine too. In Dungannon a few days ago I was getting 2.5mbit down and 3mbit up. after an airplane mode pause I then got 107mbit down and 35mbit up. Seemed to stay working until my signal dropped to H+ on my travels. Have had to do it a few times since.

107??? Wow, didn't even know that was possible.

I'm at home so just tried again and got:-

11.5 & 10.9, 4G

After airplane mode, 13.69 & 21.22, 4G

Airplane mode again and switched to 3G (H+) 23.99 & 5.08 (very consistent looking at previous readings on 3G)

Back to 4G (airplane mode again) 14.9 & 21.79

The relatively slow 4G at home may be due to my position of course, I'm not back at work until the weekend where I usually get a better signal so I'll try from there.

Yep 107 is very high, the most I have seen after airplane mode is around 45. Impressive though!

Runner
Post 34 of 40

I had my wife try the airplane fix while we were drive just East of the very tip of the Lake District. Fair to say I was expecting much, however it did improve her DL / UL by 10X  

does everyone one else see a massive spike during the upload test ( 40/50/60+ mbps) and then level out higher that DL? 

Runner
Post 35 of 40

Screenshot_20190101-092550_Speedtest.jpg

I stand corrected it was 104mbit lol. Either way it was significantly faster after an airplane mode fix.

Researcher
Post 36 of 40

I tried the airplane mode fix on my phone but it didn't make any difference. Whenever I go near to Swansea city centre, my phone is almost unusable. I did a speed test a couple of days ago and I was getting 0.34Mbps down and 0.07Mbps up.

Runner
Post 37 of 40

Yea I get similar behaviour in Belfast. Busy places the speed is crap regardless

Researcher
Post 38 of 40

FYI all who are having this problem.

I have been told by my contact at Sky that some of their technical guys are having a meeting with Telefonica in the coming days and this issue is on the agenda.

I mentioned other people on here were having the same issues and he's said that a few more people have reported the issue now hence the meeting. He did also say the more people that report it the higher the priority it will be for them, so advised everyone who hasn't done so already to contact Sky and make some noise about it!

Researcher
Post 39 of 40

I hope they get it sorted soon. I wish I hadn't moved to Sky mobile, if they don't sort it then I will move when the contract is up. Tesco doesn't have the same problem so it is something between Sky and O2.

Researcher
Post 40 of 40

@Snake78 wrote:

I hope they get it sorted soon. I wish I hadn't moved to Sky mobile, if they don't sort it then I will move when the contract is up. Tesco doesn't have the same problem so it is something between Sky and O2.

Make sure you call up to complain if you haven't already.