Does apple mobile support eSIMS? Have just upgraded to the apple X and was expecting this

Runner
Post 1 of 5

Does apple mobile support eSIMS? Have just upgraded to the apple X and was expecting this

When i upgraded to the Apple X i expected that it would support eSIM, that is i could have a dual sim phone. I can't see how this works, does anyone have any idea?

All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 5

Re: Does apple mobile support eSIMS? Have just upgraded to the apple X and was expecting this

Are you sure the iPhone X supports this as the Apple website suggests that it doesn't:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT209044

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Runner
Post 3 of 5

Re: Does apple mobile support eSIMS? Have just upgraded to the apple X and was expecting this

Sorry I could have been clearer, I have the iPhone XS , I was led to believe that it did support this dual sim option , but I know sky are notorious bad at implementing things  e.g  WiFi calling. I think I have 14 days to return the phone if this isn’t supported , but. Struggling to get through to sky support 

Runner
Post 4 of 5

As far as publicy aware EE are the only UK network which has support.

New Viewer
Post 5 of 5

Sky isn’t bad at implementing thing, that doesn’t make sense. Sky uses O2 framework so WiFi calling is unavailable. As for esim you will have to ask sky if they support it and if they do, all you have to do to add one is go to settings, mobile data, then press add data plan

Recommended Threads
Oracle 2 minutes ago 05:58 PM
53 minutes ago 05:08 PM
Oracle an hour ago 04:38 PM
Oracle 2 hours ago 03:37 PM
6 hours ago 12:10 PM