Competition Premium Text Numbers

Boom Operator
Post 31 of 57

Re: Competition Premium Text Numbers

<removed> It states I have to text them back from the number they text me from and that is not possible! If you have nothing decent to add then don’t comment!!!!!

Moderator Note: edited post as per house rules.

Camera Assistant
Post 32 of 57

Was trying to see if a call instead of texting was an option. 

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*

Just helping where i can. Or adding my 2 pence worth!
Boom Operator
Post 33 of 57

For anyone who is interested I e-mailed regarding the issue and also wi-fi calling and how it wasn’t explained before taking out the contract. The reply is below...sooooo unhelpful!

I am sorry to hear of the problems you have been having, this can be down to a lot of things and we would need to look in to it for you before cancelling any services.
We do not support Wifi calling on all devices yet so this could be why thats not working, also if you had a visit booked and were not in BT would charge you for the call out anyway as you had pre arranged to be there.
In order for us to best assist you with your query you can use our online self help tool which you can access here:
https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-mobile
Alternatively you can contact us on:
https://contactus.sky.com/uk/sky-mobile
If this does not help and you would like us to give you a call back please let us know when would be best morning, afternoon or evening and we can give you a call to look in to it further.

Boom Operator
Post 34 of 57

Also BT sent me a text asking if I would be in and to text them back with yes or no and I couldn’t. The appointment wasn’t pre-arranged either! The text I got was the first I knew about it!!

Researcher
Post 35 of 57

I don’t actually remember ever receiving any terms or contract in the post (as it states in the terms and conditions someone has posted on the thread).

But also, and I think, more importantly, no where in that statement does it say some services won’t be available; such as text service to short numbers or WiFi calls. 

Think, I’ll look into cancelling mine and my daughters contract. 

Boom Operator
Post 36 of 57

I agree with you 100% 

Boom Operator
Post 37 of 57

Anyone any further forward with this?

Runner
Post 38 of 57

I'm also having this issue. Trying to confirm my mobile number with Facebook but I never receive the confirmation code... had no problem doing this with Three. Is Facebook on your list of "accepted" short codes yet? Because I have the same problem with Instagram!

Anyone else have this problem?

Boom Operator
Post 39 of 57

Sky called me to say that they are still a very small mobile company just now and they are working on this issue...that’s fair enough but nowhere in the terms does it say that!! 

Researcher
Post 40 of 57

They supposedly have been working on this for over a year now! Obviosly not high priority....

Viewer
Post 41 of 57

I've just tried to message a premim rate number and it would not go though even though on Sky mobile help section it says You can call or text to access short code services, however they’re not covered by your normal monthly call and text allowances. https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-mobile/device-help/device-something-else/short-codes/articles/shor... going to give them a call and see what they say, as this is false infomation. 

Boom Operator
Post 42 of 57

Let me know how it goes!

Researcher
Post 43 of 57

You are more and likely going to get an advisor say.... "I didn't know this was a service... or we are still a small mobile network as not long been going so sure we will provide this at some point in the near future.... or IT are aware but no ETA of a fix.

The bottom line is... you biggy back off the O2 network which we can obtain the service when I was with O2 before stupidly swapping to Sky because of their deals.

The fact is I was not told of limitations that ALL mobile providers can provide this service apart from Sky!

You have a obligation to tell your customers of limitations when signing them up which you have failed to do.

I have more black spots since coming across to Sky then I did when with O2 yet again they biggy back off their network...

So come on sky.... tell the truth.. has O2 capped what services you can have whilst using their network?

Tell us why black spots yet my partner who is on O2 is with me and has full signal.... and don't blame the phone... we have the same device! 

The only thing that's good is the price of the deal but what's the point when you can't use your frigging phone to the same level as others with other providers.

VERY POOR INDEED!

Runner
Post 44 of 57

I like most on here I have changed from O2 after being with them for about 18 years. 

I cant find any thing in my  T&Cs about this lack of service. 

I will be watching this closely as i also feel us customers have been mislead and should be able to opt out at no charge or given a suitable sum as compensation. 

After all we have agreed to honour our side of things to stay with sky for the term of the contract.

As has been said most would not have joined if they had known. 

I am now begining to regret my decision to change. 

Researcher
Post 45 of 57

I totally regret joining Sky mobile and will be contacting them regarding ending my contact (when I actually get the chance to find the time, as you know it won’t be a quick call 😩)

Recommended Threads