Competition Premium Text Numbers

Boom Operator
Post 16 of 57

Re: Competition Premium Text Numbers

I am trying to reply to BT about an impending visit to fix my landline and I cannot respond to their text and now I will get charged as I won’t be in when they arrive. Shame on you sky mobile! I’ll be leaving as soon as I can!!!

Sound Designer
Post 17 of 57

sky are working on it so bear with them 

ashley jones
Boom Operator
Post 18 of 57

I think everyone should be warned of this before taking out a contract. It’s not right.

New Viewer
Post 19 of 57

So feeling fustrated, being a new sky mobile customer, and not being informed about this issue, which would have affected my choice to use their service! As previously mentioned in other posts, for such a large company, would have expected a much better service! They stopped my chance of winning £30k! Could have been my lucky day!! Thanks for losing me £30k Sky 😆

Sound Designer
Post 20 of 57

i am thinking go back to giffgaff. as i not happy 

ashley jones
Researcher
Post 21 of 57

Well how about hurrying up????

i have tried three different comps recently. All blocked!!!!!

Boom Operator
Post 22 of 57

would someone from Sky care to comment?!

Researcher
Post 23 of 57

I spoke to a member of sky who has  now checked with the technical team.

They said they are aware of the issue however there is no estimated timescale to when and if they are going to fix or introduce the texting service for sky customers.

I am now going to ask for a copy of my signed contract to confirm it's not stated in it of this service won't be available and also the fact all mobile providers apart from sky provide it and I wasn't informed they won't or some normal services are not available giving limitations.

This is a breech of contract as they should be informing you of limitations and as not done, they can't hold you to contract as it's misleading not allowing the consumer the right to decide if wanting to take up a limited service they can get by all others yet not them.

Guys you should do them same and fight for your right to withdraw from contract so you can obtain a full working mobile service.

Researcher
Post 24 of 57

Sam,

If you are allowing some text service why not allow all?

Is it O2 who you piggy back off their network is capping your service so only text and calls are allowed?

Why can't we also use Wi-Fi calling service yet you can with other providers?

You have mis-sold me my mobile contract!

Researcher
Post 25 of 57

Absolutely, another service that was meant to come online but we are still still waiting!

Boom Operator
Post 26 of 57

I think we probably have every right to cancel!

Sound Designer
Post 27 of 57

i have cancel my sky mobile account due lack of service 

ashley jones
Boom Operator
Post 28 of 57

I still have over 18 months on mine but surely we have every right to pull out due to lack of service??

Boom Operator
Post 29 of 57

our services and contract

Your Sky Mobile services are for your personal use as a consumer and are separate to any other Sky services you have.

A 12 month minimum term applies to your Sky Mobile service.

If you end your Sky Mobile contract in your minimum term, you may have to pay us an early termination charge. You may be able to reduce this by changing data plan or removing recurring optional extras before you terminate.

We may charge this, and any other one-off payment you owe us, to the card you used to pay for any upfront payment.

Your cancellation rights will be sent to you with your full terms and conditions. You agree your Sky services may start during your cooling off period, you may still cancel your services within this but you will need to pay for any services used up to that point (e.g. call costs).

Your new contract for this order will be posted to your My Sky account. Create a Sky iD to log in from sky.com. If you already have products or services from Sky Mobile, your existing contract(s) remain unchanged unless we tell you otherwise.

You must activate your SIM card within 31 days of receipt.

Your Sky Mobile services should be available within 24 hours of you activating the SIM card. Details about how to activate your SIM card will be sent with your SIM.

Phones we supply may be locked to our network. If they are, more details about when you can unlock your phone and any fees you may have to pay will be here.

Unless you have bought your phone from us, please ensure your phone is unlocked before you activate your SIM. It can take several days for your current network provider to do this. If you activate your SIM when your phone is locked, you will not be able to use calls and texts with Sky Mobile.

If 'roam assist' or ‘dial assist’ are enabled on your phone (see your settings), please carefully check the number you're calling to avoid making an international call by mistake. UK numbers should start 0044 or +44 (not 0046 or +46).

As this is a mobile phone service, it may not be available everywhere in the UK and in some places it is only available at certain times. Several factors could impact your coverage, for example, weather and geographic conditions or your location.

Go here to check your predicted network coverage in your area.

Unfortunately, there may be some rare occasions where our services will not work for you whilst you are abroad. You can check your current service availability in a particular destination before you travel by contacting us on 03442 414141.

Please take care when using Sky Mobile services close to borders as you might pick up another network. You can stop this by changing the settings on your phone so it selects ‘National roaming only’ or the ‘Sky’ network in the data roaming settings.

Beware of automatic uncontrolled data roaming and downloads. You can switch off data roaming in your device settings.

Any unused data will be rolled over into your piggybank at the end of each billing period. You can choose to redeem this in increments of 1GB. Accumulated data expires after 3 years.

For your protection, Sky Mobile is subject to an acceptable use policy. If you use your services excessively we may temporarily restrict them whilst we check the reason for high usage.

For security reasons SIM cards may be replaced from time to time. If this happens we will tell you in advance and send a replacement.

Sync is available to Sky TV customers with a compatible Sky+ box only. It's not available to customers with a Sky Q box.

Once your Sky Mobile services are active it may take up to 24 hours to enable access to Sky+ recordings on your mobile. Downloads are not available via 3G or 4G.

Sky+ and Sky Go apps required to access Sky+ recordings on your mobile.

Your Sky Mobile services are supplied by Sky UK.

Camera Assistant
Post 30 of 57

BT have a call centre try them!

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*

Just helping where i can. Or adding my 2 pence worth!
Recommended Threads