Discussion topic: Charge for calls to 084 number

This message was authored by AJMc23 This message was authored by: AJMc23

Charge for calls to 084 number

I called an 084 number 3 times, totalling 40 minutes. For this I was charged £35-15p. I now realise this is a premium number but do not understand the size of the charge. Sky's telephone help representative told me there was no charge at all, though I see from the website it is 11.5p a minute. The calls total 40 minutes - a total of £4-60p. The company I phoned - Cotton Traders - say they charge 7p a minute - a total of £2-80. Even with access charges per call of maybe 80p, that still does not explain a bill of over £35

Best Answers
This message was authored by Ollos123 This message was authored by: Ollos123 Answer

Re: Charge for calls to 084 number

Posted by a Sky employee

@AJMc23 The Sky Mobile Access charge for calling an 084 number is £0.75p per minute, not per call.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Ollos123 This message was authored by: Ollos123 Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

@AJMc23 The Sky Mobile Access charge for calling an 084 number is £0.75p per minute, not per call.

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

As a tip, always use a geographic number if you can as calls to 01, 02, 03 and 07 (UK mobiles) are inclusive in your data plan.

Use https://www.saynoto0870.com/ to look-up alternative numbers to try.  (Cotton Traders have 0161 numbers listed on there)

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion