Cannot even make calls

Answered
Go to Answer
Runner
Post 1 of 4

Cannot even make calls

I am aware of the data outage but is this why I cannot even make calls?

I've retried manually connecting to the network and it says unavailable.

Only my 4th day with sky mobile, not best pleased!

Answer

Best Answers
Answer
Oracle
Post 2 of 4

Re: Cannot even make calls

The O2 network is down so issues like not making calls are going to happen today, I am not with Sky but with another network that uses the O2 network and all day I have been unable to make calls, sent texts or use data. Sadly there is nothing that can be done until O2 fixes these issues.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
All Replies
Answer
Oracle
Post 2 of 4

The O2 network is down so issues like not making calls are going to happen today, I am not with Sky but with another network that uses the O2 network and all day I have been unable to make calls, sent texts or use data. Sadly there is nothing that can be done until O2 fixes these issues.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Community Manager
Post 3 of 4

It's been quite a 'fluid' situation. Calls and texts were impacted for a period but they should now be recovering. Data, on the other hand, we're still working on fixing. 

Sam
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
Camera Assistant
Post 4 of 4

Calls are still intermittent 8 out of 10 calls won’t connect with. It’s just a bad situation for all involved.

My annoyance is Sky should be taking ownership of the issue. We contract with Sky, Sky contact with Telefonica. A 2gb data boost is nothing when you have 50gb in the piggy bank, and have been inconvenienced no end. I’d be have for a Sky Store voucher, but it should be a voucher per handset, not per account.