Can’t swap my mobile

Runner
Post 1 of 8

Can’t swap my mobile

So I’ve had my iPhone on a swap 12 contract for the last year and had no issues! I’ve cone to swap my phone as per the agreement and now it’s saying I can’t swap as I haven’t passed the credit check! I pay every month without fail, nothing has changed in my circumstances! They were happy enough a year ago and to take my money but now I want to swap they say I can’t! Anyone else had this issue? 

All Replies
Community Manager
Post 2 of 8

Re: Can’t swap my mobile

Hi @vicky666 it is normal to be credit checked again when you swap your phone as you're taking out a new credit agreement. 

Sam
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
New Viewer
Post 3 of 8

Yes i have had the same problem i have 3 fones with them 2 are due to swap but got declined with  o help at all from sky. They are very help full when ypu take them out. So my answer to them is cancel all my sky products and go somewhere eles and am not paying the rest of the fone contracts  either 

Executive Producer
Post 4 of 8

@Stdven Its hardly a smart move refusing to pay the remainder of the contract as that will have negative impacts on any future credit applications.

It would be far smarter to pay the remainder and then move to a new supplier, I would also ask for a letter explaining why you have been refused the swap option given you have honoured the terms of your contract by paying on time every month.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oracles are not Sky employees, we are just customers and will not be able to assist with account or billing issues.

imagebam.com
Sound Designer
Post 5 of 8

Hi

Probably a blessing in disguise.

Have a look on eBay at the price of handsets and compare to the price of the ones on swap you will be surprised. How much you can save buying one in the long run.

SIM only deals are generally better value too. So it's win win..

Mike..

A little knowledge will probably break it get someone else to sort it..
Sound Designer
Post 6 of 8

Ah ... Ebay. That emporium of trustworthy, helpful and decent folk ... eh? What could possibly go ....... wrong. Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

Sound Designer
Post 7 of 8

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/buying-refurbished-phones/

A little knowledge will probably break it get someone else to sort it..
Sound Designer
Post 8 of 8

Ah... I forgot to add [about Ebay] ..... they sell Rose Tinted Specs on there too!   Smiley Wink