Can't receive texts or phone calls!

Runner
Post 1 of 7

Can't receive texts or phone calls!

Is anyone else having a problem with receiving text messages and phonecalls?  I'm getting texts the next day and when you call my phone it automatically goes straight to voicemail!  I spoke to Sky this morning and wiped my SIM with a cloth which seemed to 'fix the problem for all of 10 mins...it's annoying the life out of me! I've tried rebooting, turning flight mode on and disabling etc!

All Replies
Runner
Post 2 of 7

Re: Can't receive texts or phone calls!

I'm having the same issue, not receiving texts or calls at all. Can still make outgoing texts and calls had the same issue for the last 2 days

Runner
Post 3 of 7

I’m having the same problem too!! I’ve got a family member in hospital and this is their only number they can reach me on!  I’m not getting a text message until hours later telling me that I have a voicemail.

Does anyone know what’s going on and how we can resolve it? It’s just not good enough! 

Runner
Post 4 of 7

I had to get a new SIM to fix. Contact sky to discuss the problem. 

New Viewer
Post 5 of 7

Me to can make calls can't receive them or receive texts,sky not helping much.told the most is down in my Area.but it stoppedwhen I was working away from home 3 days ago. Sky say they are unaware ofother peoplehaving this problem.  I kept my number and had it transfer from virgin.

Runner
Post 6 of 7

I contacted sky yesterday and they sent  me to https://www.sky.com/help/devicesupport.

It said to switch my phone off and clean the gold side of the sim with a cloth. I did this and now I am receiving calls again 😊 I don’t know if this is short lived but I am relieved that it has worked. 

New Viewer
Post 7 of 7

i can ring out but not get any calls or texts at times a text comes in a few hours or even a day latter ???