Can't connect to mobile data

Answered
Go to Answer
Highlighted
Researcher
Post 1 of 13

Can't connect to mobile data

Swapped to Sky mobile yesterday. Can't connect to mobile data at all. Been through all steps with an Advisor and down to the last resort of sending out a new sim. Not a great start to Sky mobile and now without data for at least 3 days. Anyone else had this issue?

Answer

Best Answers
Answer
Oracle
Post 2 of 13

Re: Can't connect to mobile data

Try using these APN settings:

Mobile Data > Access Point Names > Create New Access Point...

Name: Sky Mobile Internet

APN: mobile.sky

You might need to delete the settings sent through to you by Sky.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
All Replies
Answer
Oracle
Post 2 of 13

Try using these APN settings:

Mobile Data > Access Point Names > Create New Access Point...

Name: Sky Mobile Internet

APN: mobile.sky

You might need to delete the settings sent through to you by Sky.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

I do not work for Sky.
Researcher
Post 3 of 13

Thanks. Wheni noticed i didnt have 4g or any data i searched online and found the settings. When I first went into the Access Point it was blank so I set one up using the info on Sky. I might try deleting it and setting up again. Thanks for replying.

Researcher
Post 4 of 13

Its working!! Lol after trying about 5 times on my own and with an Advisor, I deleted the Access Point sne re-set it up and its working. Woo hoo! 

Runner
Post 5 of 13

Got Same problem, have been on messenger with them since 10am this morning  and its still not been sorted.  Am going to cancel direct debit, maybe then they might sort it

Oracle
Post 6 of 13

Cancelling a direct debit isn't a good idea, you haven't said if you tried what has been posted above ?

I do not work for Sky.
Researcher
Post 7 of 13

Thanks everyone. Been trying for weeks and now seem to have 4G.

Sky should be ashamed we have to sort out problems in a forum.

Runner
Post 8 of 13

I have changed from o2 and got a sky sim I've had the same problem can't get on with mobile data can't phone anyone when on the travels or anything unless infuse messenger

Runner
Post 9 of 13

This totally works never had to delete setting just backed out after setting the APN part. Thanks

Researcher
Post 10 of 13

I also came from 02 to sky, no mobile data access at all, like you say not a very good start, no signal where we live so I've got to spend my time in town ( 5.5 miles away) fannying about trying to sort this out 😠😠😠 it's ok being cheap but......

Viewer
Post 11 of 13

@Dogrunner wrote:

I also came from 02 to sky, no mobile data access at all, like you say not a very good start, no signal where we live so I've got to spend my time in town ( 5.5 miles away) fannying about trying to sort this out 😠😠😠 it's ok being cheap but......

I am having the same problem. Hardly any signal in my house and all of a sudden my data doesn't work today. I've tried changing settings etc but no joy. Sky do use O2 network too but obviously not as good. It's a joke when paying for a service you're not receiving.

Researcher
Post 12 of 13

hi use the same system as caesarome said, I went to APN and they all said " not set" typed in the relevant information and bingo job done, i just had to wait till I went into town to try it and it was spot on. kudos to caeserome 👍😉

Researcher
Post 13 of 13

kudos bro 👍👍 worked a treat 🤘🤘😉