Discussion topic: Can I use my o2 contract sim in a sky iPhone

This message was authored by karentillyrowan This message was authored by: karentillyrowan

Can I use my o2 contract sim in a sky iPhone

Hi. I'm currently with O2, and don't want to switch because I get lots of free extras etc. Plus my employer pay for the useage aspect of my contract and only use O2 or ee. I've seen some good deals on a new iPhone with sky, but don't want to have a sky useage contract. If I buy the phone on a 36 months plan, can I use my o2 contract sim in it or do I have to contact o2/sky? 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

Re: Can I use my o2 contract sim in a sky iPhone

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @karentillyrowan  currently you have to have one active data plan on your sky account or they may ask for full payment of the phone. That is due to change in December where the requirement for a data plan is being removed. 

edit. Just to add all phones supplied by sky are unlocked and can be used with any network sim. 

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion