Discussion topic: Calls / texts don’t work in busy areas

This message was authored by owlsabout This message was authored by: owlsabout

Calls / texts don’t work in busy areas

Hi

we recently activated our first 2  connections with SKY, we were previously on O2. I've noticed that when in busy areas such as stadiums, or at public events where lots of people are present (hence lots of mobile devices) as much as I have full signal strength I am unable to get data access, make / receive calls or send texts. Friends who are direct with O2 in the same area have no issues. 
I know sky use O2s network for access, however it's almost like there is some priority where o2 customer take priority in the event local mobile cell sites are busy. A couple of examples I was in a football stadium and needed to make an urgent call- I ended up having to use my friends phone. Likewise we attended a Christmas market and both mine and my partners phone were unusable for the best part of a full afternoon - despite having full signal. 

all well and good saying sky have 99% coverage however it's no use if you can't get data access or make and recieve calls!

has anyone else experienced this?

All Replies

This message was authored by DavidW82 This message was authored by: DavidW82

Re: Calls / texts don’t work in busy areas

I have exactly the same issue. When I go to football games, I can never get WhatsApp or BBC sport app to work, but it looks like everyone else around me has no problem. They must be on other networks I guess. So, is it a problem with being with Sky mobile?

owlsabout
Topic Author
This message was authored by owlsabout This message was authored by: owlsabout

I haven't found a resolution. It's a shame as I have always been a big advocate for sky. We moved to sky mobile so a) we had 1 provider for tv broadband and mobile - 1 bill nice and simple and 2) we liked the idea of pooling the data. However this issue remains and I experience it at least once a week. Unfortunately unless something changes I will have no option but to move back to O2 at the end of the agreement as I know for a fact this issue doesn't occur on their network - which is annoying as I genuinely would prefer to stay with SKY however the mobile service is simply to unreliable in really busy areas. 

This message was authored by DavidW82 This message was authored by: DavidW82

Same. I've tried letting Sky know but they don't seem bothered really. I'm going to switch to O2 I think. Cheers. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion