Reply

Call Forwarding when Unanswered

Researcher
Posts: 5
Post 1 of 12
359 Views

Call Forwarding when Unanswered

Hi there - just joined Sky from Giffgaff (same underlying O2 signal, etc).  Used to be able to do call forwarding when unanswered (on my Moto g6 plus) but cant seem to do it with Sky.  I can do the basic call forwarding, but just not the specific call forwarding when unanswered.

 

Is this something that isnt supported with Sky?  I had assumed that it would be the same as its all o2, but is that a bad assumption to make? Is there a full list of MMI codes somewhere?

All Replies
Reply
Oracle
Posts: 70,683
Post 2 of 12
325 Views

Re: Call Forwarding when Unanswered

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for:

 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/making-a-call

 

It looks like you have add the numbers first unless I have misunderstood you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Researcher
Posts: 5
Post 3 of 12
314 Views

Re: Call Forwarding when Unanswered

well, sort of, thanks.

 

I think what you have given is for Sky landlines, not the mobile service.

Camera Operator
Posts: 301
Post 4 of 12
305 Views

Re: Call Forwarding when Unanswered

I'd imagine this is what you need under voicemail settings  https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-mobile/device-help/sky-mobile-voicemail/articles/sky-mobile-voicem...

Or this one under call forwarding https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-mobile/data-calls-and-texts/articles/data-calls-and-texts

But sounds like it's probably a device setting rather than voicemail setting. Have a look around I'm sure you can find what you need. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________



*It seems everyone does this so here goes*

Panasonic 50" 4K TV, Panasonic 4k Bluray Player, Sonos 5.1 Surround System, Sky Q 2TB and 2 Mini Boxes, Sky Fibre Unlimited.
Camera Operator
Posts: 301
Post 5 of 12
303 Views

Re: Call Forwarding when Unanswered

@MrMoobs that first link doesn't work, try this https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-mobile/device-help/sky-mobile-voicemail/articles/sky-mobile-voicem...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________



*It seems everyone does this so here goes*

Panasonic 50" 4K TV, Panasonic 4k Bluray Player, Sonos 5.1 Surround System, Sky Q 2TB and 2 Mini Boxes, Sky Fibre Unlimited.
Researcher
Posts: 5
Post 6 of 12
290 Views

Re: Call Forwarding when Unanswered

Thanks but that just points me to the area of my phone where I can set them which isn't working. I am after the short dial codes like these on the Giffgaff forum:

 

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Tips-Guides/giffgaff-network-short-codes-for-call-divert-call-wait...

 

For some reason (presumably the apn settings arent correct in my phone or something??), but it's simply not accepting it via the traditional way

Camera Operator
Posts: 301
Post 7 of 12
281 Views

Re: Call Forwarding when Unanswered

Don't think Sky do it like that. Not many do, I know Vodafone used to. There is nothing in the voicemail settings. And as far as I'm aware it's setup via the phone settings. If no one can help you here you may have to contact Sky direct to get the answer you want. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________



*It seems everyone does this so here goes*

Panasonic 50" 4K TV, Panasonic 4k Bluray Player, Sonos 5.1 Surround System, Sky Q 2TB and 2 Mini Boxes, Sky Fibre Unlimited.
First Assistant Director
Posts: 2,323
Post 8 of 12
249 Views

Re: Call Forwarding when Unanswered


@MrMoobs wrote:

Hi there - just joined Sky from Giffgaff (same underlying O2 signal, etc).  Used to be able to do call forwarding when unanswered (on my Moto g6 plus) but cant seem to do it with Sky.  I can do the basic call forwarding, but just not the specific call forwarding when unanswered.

 

Is this something that isnt supported with Sky?  I had assumed that it would be the same as its all o2, but is that a bad assumption to make? Is there a full list of MMI codes somewhere?


I have the same problem. With O2 I could set calls to forward if unanswered but Sky seem to only support "Always forward".

_____________________________________________________
Sky Q 2TB v2 + 2x Mini, LG 55UH850V, Lumagen Radiance Pro 4242,
Yamaha RX-A2040 (7.1.2)
Researcher
Posts: 5
Post 9 of 12
173 Views

Re: Call Forwarding when Unanswered

Surprisingly I have just worked out that Sky does support all of these codes as I've just applied the codes for 'unanswered' and 'no signal'and it worked. No idea why, but my (Android) phone itself still suggests I have no forwarding set up under the call settings area, but I tested it and it worked perfectly.

 

I can only assume that, when looking under call settings, it asks Sky what is set up and they are supposed to return some code or similar that they are not doing, but the functionality is still working.

 

You may want to test this yourself in case I'm going mad, but all seems good to be.

First Assistant Director
Posts: 2,323
Post 10 of 12
168 Views

Re: Call Forwarding when Unanswered


@MrMoobs wrote:

Surprisingly I have just worked out that Sky does support all of these codes as I've just applied the codes for 'unanswered' and 'no signal'and it worked. No idea why, but my (Android) phone itself still suggests I have no forwarding set up under the call settings area, but I tested it and it worked perfectly.

 

I can only assume that, when looking under call settings, it asks Sky what is set up and they are supposed to return some code or similar that they are not doing, but the functionality is still working.

 

You may want to test this yourself in case I'm going mad, but all seems good to be.


I've just tries using the codes and it does indeed work. Just a shame it can't be set and status read from the phone settings.

_____________________________________________________
Sky Q 2TB v2 + 2x Mini, LG 55UH850V, Lumagen Radiance Pro 4242,
Yamaha RX-A2040 (7.1.2)
Camera Operator
Posts: 301
Post 11 of 12
165 Views

Re: Call Forwarding when Unanswered


@MrMoobs wrote:

Thanks but that just points me to the area of my phone where I can set them which isn't working. I am after the short dial codes like these on the Giffgaff forum:

 

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Tips-Guides/giffgaff-network-short-codes-for-call-divert-call-wait...

 

For some reason (presumably the apn settings arent correct in my phone or something??), but it's simply not accepting it via the traditional way


@MrMoobs are you saying that these codes will work when typing them into your phone?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________



*It seems everyone does this so here goes*

Panasonic 50" 4K TV, Panasonic 4k Bluray Player, Sonos 5.1 Surround System, Sky Q 2TB and 2 Mini Boxes, Sky Fibre Unlimited.
Researcher
Posts: 5
Post 12 of 12
159 Views

Re: Call Forwarding when Unanswered

correct - well specifically for me, I only tried the call divert if unanswered and call divert if unreachable, but yes, both of those MMI codes are functionally working for me (when inputting the code directly into my keypad and dialling it) even though my phone itself tells me I dont have anything applied.

Reply
Recommended Threads
22-10-2018 07:57 AM
AJL1 14-08-2018 12:43 PM
01-11-2018 09:18 AM
Fred08 10-10-2018 09:34 PM
a week ago 11:19 AM