Call Forwarding when Unanswered

Researcher
Post 1 of 12

Call Forwarding when Unanswered

Hi there - just joined Sky from Giffgaff (same underlying O2 signal, etc).  Used to be able to do call forwarding when unanswered (on my Moto g6 plus) but cant seem to do it with Sky.  I can do the basic call forwarding, but just not the specific call forwarding when unanswered.

Is this something that isnt supported with Sky?  I had assumed that it would be the same as its all o2, but is that a bad assumption to make? Is there a full list of MMI codes somewhere?

All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 12

Re: Call Forwarding when Unanswered

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/making-a-call

It looks like you have add the numbers first unless I have misunderstood you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Researcher
Post 3 of 12

well, sort of, thanks.

I think what you have given is for Sky landlines, not the mobile service.

Camera Operator
Post 4 of 12

I'd imagine this is what you need under voicemail settings  https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-mobile/device-help/sky-mobile-voicemail/articles/sky-mobile-voicem...

Or this one under call forwarding https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-mobile/data-calls-and-texts/articles/data-calls-and-texts

But sounds like it's probably a device setting rather than voicemail setting. Have a look around I'm sure you can find what you need. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

If I have helped you in anyway or have spoken sense, please give me a like.

Panasonic 50" 4K TV, Panasonic 4k Bluray Player, Sonos 5.1 Surround Sound System, Sky Q 2TB and 2 Mini Boxes, Sky Fibre Unlimited.
Camera Operator
Post 5 of 12

@MrMoobs that first link doesn't work, try this https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-mobile/device-help/sky-mobile-voicemail/articles/sky-mobile-voicem...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Panasonic 50" 4K TV, Panasonic 4k Bluray Player, Sonos 5.1 Surround Sound System, Sky Q 2TB and 2 Mini Boxes, Sky Fibre Unlimited.
Researcher
Post 6 of 12

Thanks but that just points me to the area of my phone where I can set them which isn't working. I am after the short dial codes like these on the Giffgaff forum:

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Tips-Guides/giffgaff-network-short-codes-for-call-divert-call-wait...

For some reason (presumably the apn settings arent correct in my phone or something??), but it's simply not accepting it via the traditional way

Camera Operator
Post 7 of 12

Don't think Sky do it like that. Not many do, I know Vodafone used to. There is nothing in the voicemail settings. And as far as I'm aware it's setup via the phone settings. If no one can help you here you may have to contact Sky direct to get the answer you want. 

First Assistant Director
Post 8 of 12

@MrMoobs wrote:

Hi there - just joined Sky from Giffgaff (same underlying O2 signal, etc).  Used to be able to do call forwarding when unanswered (on my Moto g6 plus) but cant seem to do it with Sky.  I can do the basic call forwarding, but just not the specific call forwarding when unanswered.

Is this something that isnt supported with Sky?  I had assumed that it would be the same as its all o2, but is that a bad assumption to make? Is there a full list of MMI codes somewhere?

I have the same problem. With O2 I could set calls to forward if unanswered but Sky seem to only support "Always forward".

Post 9 of 12

Surprisingly I have just worked out that Sky does support all of these codes as I've just applied the codes for 'unanswered' and 'no signal'and it worked. No idea why, but my (Android) phone itself still suggests I have no forwarding set up under the call settings area, but I tested it and it worked perfectly.

I can only assume that, when looking under call settings, it asks Sky what is set up and they are supposed to return some code or similar that they are not doing, but the functionality is still working.

You may want to test this yourself in case I'm going mad, but all seems good to be.

First Assistant Director
Post 10 of 12

@MrMoobs wrote:

Surprisingly I have just worked out that Sky does support all of these codes as I've just applied the codes for 'unanswered' and 'no signal'and it worked. No idea why, but my (Android) phone itself still suggests I have no forwarding set up under the call settings area, but I tested it and it worked perfectly.

I can only assume that, when looking under call settings, it asks Sky what is set up and they are supposed to return some code or similar that they are not doing, but the functionality is still working.

You may want to test this yourself in case I'm going mad, but all seems good to be.

I've just tries using the codes and it does indeed work. Just a shame it can't be set and status read from the phone settings.

Post 11 of 12

@MrMoobs wrote:

Thanks but that just points me to the area of my phone where I can set them which isn't working. I am after the short dial codes like these on the Giffgaff forum:

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Tips-Guides/giffgaff-network-short-codes-for-call-divert-call-wait...

For some reason (presumably the apn settings arent correct in my phone or something??), but it's simply not accepting it via the traditional way

@MrMoobs are you saying that these codes will work when typing them into your phone?

Researcher
Post 12 of 12

correct - well specifically for me, I only tried the call divert if unanswered and call divert if unreachable, but yes, both of those MMI codes are functionally working for me (when inputting the code directly into my keypad and dialling it) even though my phone itself tells me I dont have anything applied.