Discussion topic: Apple iPhone 16 range now available for pre-order on Sky Mobile

This message was authored by jh91 This message was authored by: jh91

Re: Apple iPhone 16 range now available for pre-order on Sky Mobile

I pre-ordered the 16 Pro Max (swapping my 14 Pro Max) but didn't get asked to choose a data plan. I'm assuming that I'll just pop in my current SIM card and continue with the plan I currently have? 

This message was authored by Mark8t6 This message was authored by: Mark8t6

If you're doing a sky swap then I assume it won't offer you a new sim plan as it isn't classed as a new device contract. The same as if you did an upgrade.

This message was authored by jh91 This message was authored by: jh91

Cool, so I don't need to buy an extra plan or anything? Last time I did so I just want to be sure so I can just set up my new phone on Friday! 

Pretty sure you will just pop your existing sim in to the new phone and  carry on the same sim plan but if you want to be 100% sure just contact Sky

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@jh91 wrote:

Cool, so I don't need to buy an extra plan or anything? Last time I did so I just want to be sure so I can just set up my new phone on Friday! 

That is correct @jh91 , you just insert the sim you already have in your new phone. Should it come with a new sim (this might happen as they do sometimes come with a sim by default) then do not activate it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by catterbury This message was authored by: catterbury

Same here 🙂 

IMG_7943.jpeg

This message was authored by Unfunctioning This message was authored by: Unfunctioning

Existing sky mobile customer here but having an issue. Credit check referred and told id be contacted but I haven't. Called up and they can't put me through to credit team. Problem is I did an order Friday for pro max which I no longer want and did another order for the regular pro yesterday. Any ideas how I can progress this?

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Unfunctioning wrote:

Existing sky mobile customer here but having an issue. Credit check referred and told id be contacted but I haven't. Called up and they can't put me through to credit team. Problem is I did an order Friday for pro max which I no longer want and did another order for the regular pro yesterday. Any ideas how I can progress this?

@Unfunctioning 

You haven't said whether you rang Sky and cancelled the original order or just ordered an alternative device. Either way that will entail full credit checks for both devices which is where you may have fallen foul and failed one. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Unfunctioning This message was authored by: Unfunctioning

When I called to cancel the original order the rep couldn't see any order to cancel. She put me on hold and came back and just told me to wait to be contacted. No credit agreement signed so if the original order goes through and I don't sign the agreement they can change the order right?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

If you don't sign the credit agreement then it should be cancelled.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Pallab This message was authored by: Pallab

Hello, I have pre ordered iphone 16 pro max on 13 th september. Am I getting it on 20th september.? because still its not showing the delivery date. 

This message was authored by Debs2811 This message was authored by: Debs2811

I want to order an iPhone 16 pro max but the website won't get me past putting it in my basket I've been trying since Friday can't believe the site is still crashing from the overload and sky havnt fixed it 5 days into the launch REALLY!!!

This message was authored by catterbury This message was authored by: catterbury

Sometimes the site runs into issues so if you see something about technical issues, I don't think it's ever going to work for you - it didn't for me. Only two options you have is to either call Sky to place the order, or create a new account and order.

When I made a new account, it worked fine. This was last year so I'm shocked they still haven't fixed it.

@Pallab need to give more information about the order. Does your confirmation email state delivery ON or FROM 20th September?

This message was authored by Leezieboy This message was authored by: Leezieboy

iPhone 16 pro dispatch date.

Does anyone else's just say coming soon rather than a delivery date? I did get an email saying it will be delivered on the 20th but it just says coming soon.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion