4g or any g

Answered
Go to Answer
Runner
Post 1 of 4

4g or any g

I joined sky mobile a couple of months ago and its been a nightmare.   Now have discovered that my samsung s6 cannot access 4g nor can I connect to Alexa (not imp) any help appreciated. 

Answer

Best Answers
Answer
Oracle
Post 2 of 4

Re: 4g or any g

For 4G access on your phone is the phone modes itself set correctly to GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto, this can be found via Settings > Mobile Networks > Network Mode.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
All Replies
Answer
Oracle
Post 2 of 4

For 4G access on your phone is the phone modes itself set correctly to GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto, this can be found via Settings > Mobile Networks > Network Mode.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Runner
Post 3 of 4

I have a Galaxy S4 Mini and cannot get 4G on Sky Mobile. They sent me another sim card but still no 4G. Went through automatic configuration steps. Nothing. As Sky use the O2 network they suggested popping into the O2 shop and ask if someone could pop their O2 sim card in to see if that worked. So I did. Lo and behold 4G showed up immediately. I also tried the phone with a Tesco sim card. 4G worked. Reported back to Sky about 5 weeks ago and got raised to the next level of problem solvers. The guy there went through a few things with me but couldn't resolved the issue. Since then Sky have been running a permanent trace on the phone and it has been raised to there highest level of techies. Had several calls from them saying that although they've identified that there is a problem it seems no-one is able to resolve it.

Does anyone else have this fault? Maybe you, like me, hadn't really noticed that 4G wasn't there.

Previously been with BT using same phone and had 4G.

Runner
Post 4 of 4

THanks for your help.  After I'd spent 45 mins with on line help and four "experts" none of whom managed to talk to me.  I rang the help line number only to be told by computer that it would be easier to go on line to solve my problem!!!!!  I really lost my temper and threw a hissy fit.  They must have realised I was near a heart attack cos a canny Scots lass came on and solved my problem in under 5 mins.

Sky's on line help is as much use as a chocolate fire guard.

Recommended Threads