Discussion topic: 4 weeks without network or number port after joining Sky

This message was authored by Hel7 This message was authored by: Hel7

4 weeks without network or number port after joining Sky

Hi all - 

Posting here as I have no idea where to go at this point. 

I joined sky mobile almost 4 weeks ago and requested my number be ported over from o2. I did the PAC code, activated sim.. etc and all seemed to be progressing. I was given a date for the number port to be completed but it never happened. I have called sky almost every day and I have been told something different every single time. 

To make matters worse, the SIM and temp number which they give you whilst the old number is being ported does not work either. So for the last month I have had no network or data. Basically can't use my phone outside of WIFI. This seems like a seperate issue to the porting task to me but this seems to be being ignored by sky when I call.  I have done the network reset and reboots multiple times and it does not resolve anything. 

The most recent update I had from an advisor was that there was an issue and a delay, they couldn't tell me what it was and when asked for a ETA - I was told "how long is a peice of string."  I feel completely defeated..unable to conduct business affairs, I have had to travel abroad without a working phone and I'm having to pay the full amount whilst it's being "resolved."

Has anyone gone through something silimar recently or can offer any advice?

Thanks!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion