Discussion topic: "Something is wrong. The app wil now quit (1a)" error on Windows 11.

This message was authored by Swinster This message was authored by: Swinster

"Something is wrong. The app wil now quit (1a)" error on Windows 11.

After suffering over a year with the "Sky Go desktop - error 001" problem and no resolution, this has finally disappeared - unfortunately, only to be replaced with the "Something is wrong. The app wil now quit (1a)" error 😕.

Starting the app, I now first see:

2023-11-17_23-57-49.png

Then this 🤣. I think Sky is trying to tell me something 🤔.

2023-11-17_23-56-10.png

All Replies

Swinster
Topic Author

Re: "Something is wrong. The app wil now quit (1a)" error on Windows 11.

FWIW, the laptop was recently reset and the Sky app was the first app re-installed.

I have just now uninstalled the app, removed the "Sky" and "Sky Go" folders from `AppData\Roaming ", and the "Cisco" folder from "App\Data\LocalLow", rebooted, reinstalled and .....

We still have the same issue.

Oh, and FWIW, the latest version was installed from  https://desktopclient.ott.sky.com/skygodesktop/GB/beta/production/23.5.1/SkyGo_beta_23.5.1_gb_produc...

Swinster
Topic Author

Nothing?!?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

This is a customer helps customer forum so I would suggest reporting this to the apps team via this email address - apps@sky.uk

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Swinster
Topic Author

Wow! I don't think I have ever spoken with a more incompetent support team! I would love to publish the email trail between the apps@sky.uk team and me.

I have asked them four times to just look at this page, but they are just unable to comprehend what to do. To cap it off, the email sent shows a "preview" of this page with the opening paragraph, so they have jumped on the mention of "001" above, which I stated that I had suffered with previously but that it has now disappeared to be replaced by a "1a" error - which was also the title of the email sent to them!! 

If they cannot open a web page collectively between them, I do not hold out much hope of them ever helping to resolve this issue. 

Swinster
Topic Author

I have to post this update, if only for others reading this to get some kicks and giggles. 

After 5 separate attempts to get the Sky Apps team to simply read this post (which would give them all the information they need), apparently, Sky do NOT allow their own employees to access this website!!! I personally have never heard of such a thing, or perhaps I have lived a very peculiar life, but this says volumes about Sky, unfortuanlly all bad. 

We pay Sky over £250 pcm between two households. I think it is time for my feet to vote. 

This message was authored by JimP This message was authored by: JimP

Did anyone have a resolution for this error?  I have been getting it on two Windows 11 laptopns for several months now

Swinster
Topic Author

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I don't think you will get anything from Sky.

I fear you are right, I've been told to call their customer servives!

I take it you've just given up trying to get it working then?

Swinster
Topic Author

Yep, unfortunately.

I've managed to get the issue to go away!! 

It seems Sky Go doesn't like something about my ISP, because if I turn on Cloudflare WARP client, which is essentially a proxy server between me and the internet, the constant error messages stop and I can stream once again.

I use YouFibre as my ISP, which has a slightly different architecture to most ISPs in that customers are not directly connected to the internet, have no external IP address, and are essentially just a device on a network being allocated an internal IP from a DHCP server; like any traditional network albeit on a large scale.  More ISPs are going to be heading down this route in the coming years, due to the shortage of IP4 addresses and slow switch over to IP6, so Sky really need to sort whatever issue the app has with it.

Cloudflare WARP client is free, so maybe download it and give it a go.

Swinster
Topic Author

That is interesting, although, for me, it is related to my local laptop, not my ISP. I have one machine that simply will not work no matter what network it is connected to (even one that uses Sky as an ISP), yet other machines that are connected to the same network are fine. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion