Discussion topic: install sky go on childs xbox do they need my password?

This message was authored by I+am+the+owner This message was authored by: I+am+the+owner

install sky go on childs xbox do they need my password?

I need to install sky go on my sons xbox but i don't want to give him my username and password as they will have full access to my sky account! is there a sub account to give to sky go users?

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: install sky go on childs xbox do they need my password?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You should be able to create a secondary ID that you can use so they can login to the console with but before you do that do you have multiscreen, Sky go extra or the Sky Glass/Stream Whole Home sub on your package as you need one of these in your account before being able to use the app on your console.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
I+am+the+owner
Topic Author
This message was authored by I+am+the+owner This message was authored by: I+am+the+owner

Hi I have multiroom and Sky Q only
i have had sky go on my phone and xbox for a few years but my son is going to UNI and wanted sky go on his new xbox but didn't really want to share my user/password.
I cant find anywhere to create a 2nd account, is this possible?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@I+am+the+owner wrote:

I cant find anywhere to create a 2nd account, is this possible?

Another member previously managed to do this by doing this:

Create a new account with Sky. To do this, head to https://sky.com. Make sure that you are not logged in with any other ID and click on Sign In. At the prompt for your username, type in the email address for the new Secondary ID. Assuming that this is an email address that Sky have not seen and registered before, you will then be prompted to create a password. Once you have done this, the new account will exist but will not be linked to anything.
When the new user ID has been verified and logged in, the "Details" section will offer a link to associate the ID with a Sky Account. DO NOT CLICK ON THAT LINK. It will make the new user ID an Authorised ID on your account and the owner of the new ID will be able to subscribe to new products, change billing details and do all the things that you probably don;t want them to do.
Logged in as the new user ID, head to https://www.sky.com/pages/sky-id-setup. On this page, there should be three options. The first is "Watch Only". This is the link that you need to add a Secondary Account. Clicking through that link takes you to a page that requires the Postcode of the address of the Sky account, and one of either the Account number, the last digits of the bank account that pays the bills or the Viewing Card number. I have seen it suggested that using the account number or bank details will generate an Authorised ID but I haven't tried that. I do know that using the Viewing Card number on this form did successfully generate a Seondary ID
When the new user id is associated with your account, the main account authorised user will receive an email telling them about it. That email contains a link which says that you can manage your account additional users by following it. Naturally that link does not work. To manage the additional users on your account (which means view and/or remove rather than anything that I would interpret "manage" to mean) you need to head to https://www.sky.com/myaccount/my-details and scroll down until you reach the "Additional Users" section. If using the mobile App, click on the profile picture icon and choose My Details...

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
I+am+the+owner
Topic Author

ok so i have created a second account and linked to my main account but that user (and i have deleted/removed 4 times now) still has access to billing information despite selecting watch only

any ideas as i don't want to give this out yet

thanks

I+am+the+owner
Topic Author

found it - only use the viewing card number and that sets up 2nd user with watch only

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion