Discussion topic: how many more times is this stupid app suposed to fail now i have error pfe 4206

This message was authored by mikecella This message was authored by: mikecella

how many more times is this stupid app suposed to fail now i have error pfe 4206

once again all of a sundden  error code msgs no help no information and no support.  

reinstall app,,,,,     restart windows...   then is a windows issue... then its well reboot ya box... 

why do i pay the money i do to a company that dont care and dont help . and would rather pass the buck....

All Replies

mikecella
Topic Author

Re: how many more times is this stupid app suposed to fail now i have error pfe 4206

so glad it lets u watch the adverts, but ruins the tv experience think time to look alse where for a provider of tv 

This message was authored by Steve+Skywalksr This message was authored by: Steve+Skywalksr

Re: how many more times is this stupid app suposed to fail now i have error pfe 4206

Same here, none of my apps work and none of our mini boxes can connect to the Q Box. 

Internet is fine,  Did all of the suggested resets but it's still not working. Keep getting the Activation Server error message. It's also not letting me select 'view on mini boxes, or Sky Go' in the settings menu. Says it needs an internet connection to activate it, but it has got an internet connection which is confirmed in the Network settings. Must be a fault at Sky's end. 

Glad you also posted as it means I'm not the only one with the fault. 

mikecella
Topic Author

i just got told i had to wait anpother  24 hours - 48 hours for the codes to clear.... lol once again  time with out my sky go and that all i use i dont even use the q boxes .   but i did get 8 pound credit due to the fact but still 4-5 days no tv as i only watch via pc . thats after they said it must be a vpn, or add blocker.

i mean thats just wrong cant use a add blocker on my pc wth......

ill install what i want to my pc for protection...

This message was authored by ginger101010 This message was authored by: ginger101010

Woke up this morning no longer able to connect to recordings on iPhone or iPad on SKYGO. Deleted and reinstalled the APP only for the recordings tab to completely disappear! This was absolutely fine early hours 2am what's happened since? All internet connections etc are connected 

This message was authored by Alistair9 This message was authored by: Alistair9

I have the same issue and Sky Support tells me there is an issue at their end that is preventing some devices from connecting.  That makes some sense as I can use Skygo on my iPad and on my PC I can stream Sky News and get ads, so the app is talking to Sky's servers, but it looks to me like an account integration/verification error when using the Windows app.  Why can't they just tell us what PFE 4206 means?

This message was authored by MikeCella1 This message was authored by: MikeCella1

now they closed that account i have had to create a new one but i am the same person as mikecella lolol can for an account change but u wont keep me quiet

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The Mini box activation issue encountered by some users earlier today (21/03/24) appears to be entirely separate to any previous problems with Sky Go.

It may have generated specific problems today, which have now been resolved.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@mikecella wrote:

i mean thats just wrong cant use a add blocker on my pc wth......

ill install what i want to my pc for protection...

Unfortunately there are various things installable on a computer which are incompatible with Go: those may well include VPNs, advertising blockers and screen capture software.

Sky is under no obligation to provide anyone with service under all circumstances.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Alistair9 This message was authored by: Alistair9

Don't disagree but they have an obligation to provide a service that works and when it doesn't try to fix it. Publishing what the mysterious error code mean would be a huge start. PFE 4206 is definitely something to do with accounts in their system. My issue came up on a PC with a clean install install, and given I can see adverts and Sky news, it's clearly not a connectivity or functionality issue. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion