Discussion topic: can't watch sky tv abroad evenwhen paying every month

This message was authored by Mike+19 This message was authored by: Mike+19

can't watch sky tv abroad evenwhen paying every month

Hi 

I am a good sky customer as I have sky broadband, tv, sky go, mobile phone and pay  every month for 12  months per year, but, we love to go on holiday often and can't  watch sky tv outside the country which means  even though we pay for a full year we only get about 10 months  of service. 

This doesn't  feel fair

Is there any way around it?

Michael Craven

Best Answers
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

Re: can't watch sky tv abroad evenwhen paying every month

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mike+19 wrote:

Hi 

I am a good sky customer as I have sky broadband, tv, sky go, mobile phone and pay  every month for 12  months per year, but, we love to go on holiday often and can't  watch sky tv outside the country which means  even though we pay for a full year we only get about 10 months  of service. 

This doesn't  feel fair

Michael Craven

You need to direct your complaint to Brexit as this is the reason why you can't use Sky Go outside the UK

There is no way to circumvent this, any discussions to the contrary would be a breach of forum rules.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

@Mike+19 wrote:

Hi 

This doesn't  feel fair

Michael Craven

You need to direct your complaint to Brexit as this is the reason why you can't use Sky Go outside the UK

There is no way to circumvent this, any discussions to the contrary would be a breach of forum rules.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Mike+19  Blame brexit

the uk exit agreement prohibits uk residents from accessing sky in an eu member state under any circumstances,  unless you are an Ireland resident 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

Yes it's a shame. We were promised 'freedom' but all i'm seeing is restrictions and things taken away.

Irish customers are not affected and can still watch Sky Go in any EU country. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Mike+19 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/cross-border-portability-of-online-content-services 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion