Discussion topic: Sky go viewing subscribed sports channel

This message was authored by Nooneypops This message was authored by: Nooneypops

Sky go viewing subscribed sports channel

I'm unable to watch my subscribed sports channels on sky go on my iPad or iPhone says I need to upgrade my subscription but I am already subscribed ?? Can anyone help fix this please 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Captain+Simon This message was authored by: Captain+Simon Answer

Re: Sky go viewing subscribed sports channel

Hello, I had this problem and this is what I found. Sky Go didnt work on my phone and I got asked to upgrade my subscription. What I did was go on my PC and log into my sky account and double check what the email and passwords were to logo in. I then logged out on my phone and then looged back in using the email and password I'd used on my PC. Now Sky Go works. It appears my phone had an old logo in email address and/or password and that is why Sky Go didn't work.

**bleep** this works for you. Simon.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

Nooneypops
Topic Author
This message was authored by Nooneypops This message was authored by: Nooneypops

I have sports package but on sky go as says I need to upgrade

I am subscribed to sports package but am unable to watch on my iPad as sky go says I have to subscribe to sports! I am already subscribed to this package so how do I watch the content on my iPad?? I have already deleted the app and re added it again still not working! I can see regular channels just not the sports package live stuff. 
can anyone help please 

This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Nooneypops   What sports channels? Are you talking streaming live or recordings from the Main box? Do you have a Multiscreen subscription?

Nooneypops
Topic Author

I have all sky sports channels subscribed! I'm not talking about streaming I just want to watch sky sports on my iPad as I am paying for it as part of my sky package. Thanks 

Nooneypops
Topic Author

Yes I am paying for one multi screen also

This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

Hi @Nooneypops   You can only stream sky sports channels live without a Multiscreen subscription.

Hi @Nooneypops   Sorry, more questions. Are you on the same network as the Sky Q box or are you remote?

Nooneypops
Topic Author

I don't really understand that question re being remote! 
thanks

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Are you at home and if you are is the Sky Go app connected to your Sky Q box (you should see your recordings if it is).

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Hi @Nooneypops   Are you at home?

Nooneypops
Topic Author

Yes trying to do it from home! But would like to watch it on my iPhone when out and about also

Nooneypops
Topic Author

Yes it does come up as connected to the skyq box ! 
I was under the impression that I could watch sky sports at home on my iPad, I have multi room , so one skyq box and one additional box in the bedroom. I am new to sky only been on it a couple months, I can watch skygo ( regular tv) on ipad and iPhone just not sports channels which I am paying extra for!

thanks

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Nooneypops 

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who will be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to 24 hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to Nooneypops.

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Update – Thanks for chatting to us. Unfortunately, there was no further response on the chat in 48 hours, we are still waiting to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your chat has been closed now. Thanks

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion