Discussion topic: Sky go "sorry something went wrong your device needs to be authorised, please ensure it's connected

This message was authored by Highrid This message was authored by: Highrid

Sky go "sorry something went wrong your device needs to be authorised, please ensure it's connected

This seems to be a not unusual problem, can't find a solution online.

Sky Go on iPhone 13 mini, uptodate IOS, phone for 18 months, no change of ISP etc - suddenly gives message:

"sorry something went wrong your device needs to be authorised, please ensure it's connected to the internet and try again "

tried all suggestions suggested on line to no avail.

works fine with iPad

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Sky go "sorry something went wrong your device needs to be authorised, please ensure it's c

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@CliffP 

It should be fine on that,

If you are seeing the device needs to be authorised and you are running a VPN then it will need disabling before you can use Sky Go,

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky go "sorry something went wrong your device needs to be authorised, please ensure it's c

@Highrid 

To see if they can help you with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who should be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to a few hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works so you will need to respond to the chat bubble at the bottom of the page when it appears:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you will have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Re: Sky go "sorry something went wrong your device needs to be authorised, please ensure it's con...

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to @Highrid.

Highrid
Topic Author
This message was authored by Highrid This message was authored by: Highrid

Just wasted half a day getting nowhere with the Sky help forum. Boils down to the fact that the Sky Go app developers are tardy in keeping up with iPhone IOS updates. The present iteration of the app is incompatible with the latest IOS.

Sky no doubt make billions from its customers, you would think they could at least keep up with the phone operating systems, there are only two after all !

This message was authored by CliffP This message was authored by: CliffP

I have the same issue - I read your post regarding the IOS in compatibility comment - I am on IOS 18.0.1 - do I conclude that Sky Go doesn't work with this level?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

@CliffP 

It should be fine on that,

If you are seeing the device needs to be authorised and you are running a VPN then it will need disabling before you can use Sky Go,

This message was authored by CliffP This message was authored by: CliffP

Thank you, the issue for me was that my VPN was set to connect on demand so just kept reconnecting shortly after I thought I had turned it off. All works now.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion