Discussion topic: Sky go isnt working as it did

This message was authored by LesleyB65 This message was authored by: LesleyB65

Sky go isnt working as it did

Hi all, so we changed to sky glass on saturday which we soon regretted as the picture quality was awful so we have cancelled that and gone back to skyQ, since we have done that we can no longer see the BBC channels on sky go, which i understand has something to do with streaming but not really sure but also i have lost the ability to either recored or see recordings on my sky go app, any help would be greatly appreciated x

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Sky go isnt working as it did

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@LesleyB65 wrote:

Hi all, so we changed to sky glass on saturday which we soon regretted as the picture quality was awful so we have cancelled that and gone back to skyQ, since we have done that we can no longer see the BBC channels on sky go, which i understand has something to do with streaming but not really sure but also i have lost the ability to either recored or see recordings on my sky go app, any help would be greatly appreciated x

hi @LesleyB65 

To see BBC channels & recordings your SKY Go must be able to connect to youe SKY Q main box & you must have the multiscreen option.

Is you SKY Q main Box back in action & do you have the multiscreen option on your account ?

BTW you can use iPlayer for the BBC of course 

LesleyB65
Topic Author

Hiya, thank you for coming back to me, yes it is back up and running now and I also have multi room, this was all done yesterday, do I have to wait a certain amount of time for everything to catch up or should it be instant?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Can you watch other live channels via the app ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

@LesleyB65 wrote:

Hiya, thank you for coming back to me, yes it is back up and running now and I also have multi room, this was all done yesterday, do I have to wait a certain amount of time for everything to catch up or should it be instant?

hi @LesleyB65 

I don't think there should be a delay

If you go to HOme - Settings - Status

Is Watch on SKY Go ticked ?.

LesleyB65
Topic Author

Hi @nigea99 yes it's ticked, I seem to lose this function once I got swapped over to sky glass but now I've gone back to skyQ the ability to record on my I pad has disappeared albeit not on my phone, I can still watch recordings and use the record function on my phone

LesleyB65
Topic Author

Hi again, I don't know why or how but I decided to sign out and sign back in one more time and everything is now as it should be, thankyou @nigea99 for your help anyway

@LesleyB65 wrote:

Hi @nigea99 yes it's ticked, I seem to lose this function once I got swapped over to sky glass but now I've gone back to skyQ the ability to record on my I pad has disappeared albeit not on my phone, I can still watch recordings and use the record function on my phone

hmmm - - may I suggest you do a power down restart of both your SKY Q box & iPad 

JUst spotted you last reply - Glad you are all sorted

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion