Discussion topic: Sky go isn't working on Xbox series x

This message was authored by Skelt This message was authored by: Skelt

Sky go isn't working on Xbox series x

When trying to watch something on demand or live I get a black screen and doesn't load. I've tried deleting and reinstalling and this hasn't fixed it. I've used this for years without issue and pay for multi room. I've tested this on my Android sky go app and I'm getting the same issue. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Re: Sky go isn't working on Xbox series x

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

As it's not restricted to one device that would point to your Internet connection

Skelt
Topic Author

There's nothing wrong with my internet connection all the other apps on my Xbox are working fine and  this issue has been going on for several days. 

@Skelt wrote:

There's nothing wrong with my internet connection all the other apps on my Xbox are working fine and  this issue has been going on for several days. 

If you have a flat tire on a car, just because 3 of the tires are OK does not means you don't have a tire issue

Skelt
Topic Author

I'm currently responding to you on my phone (which sky go doesn't work on) and watching tv on my Xbox (which sky go also doesn't work on). With both being connected to their Internet by WiFi I think that means that my internet probably isn't the issue.

Instead of responding sarcastically again, can you escalate this to a sky employee that can actually help please? 

My answer was not sarcastic, I was trying to impart the info in simplistic terms as I don't know your technical abilities, you are over simplifying the way the Internet works

Try using Sky Go on your mobiles data rather than your broadband

Edit: Did you clear the cache on your Xbox after removing the Sky Go App and before reinstalling?

Have you rebooted your router?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion