Discussion topic: Sky Sports Plus. on Sky Go App on PS5

This message was authored by AP92 This message was authored by: AP92

Sky Sports Plus. on Sky Go App on PS5

Hi, 

The Sky Go app on PS5 doesn't allow red button matches from this season EFL Championship matches. 

What will happen with the Sky Sports Plus new channel. will I be able to choose which match I want to watch on the Sky Go App on PS5? 

Thanks

Best Answers
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

Re: Sky Sports Plus. on Sky Go App on PS5

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@BethFG wrote:

There is no other sky sports app on the playstation store other than Sky go, so that is incorrect advice

Correct, because the extra streams available via Sky Sports + are ONLY available via the Sky Sports app on Sky Q, Sky Glass, Sky Stream, via the mobile/tablet version of the Sky Sports app, and via NOW TV.

They cannot be watched via Sky Go so therefore cannot be viewed via games consoles, laptops or PCs.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@AP92  You will need to download the specific sky sports mobile app as the extra streams will only be available on that not sky go

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by BethFG This message was authored by: BethFG

There is no other sky sports app on the playstation store other than Sky go, so that is incorrect advice

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

@BethFG wrote:

Correct, because the extra streams available via Sky Sports + are ONLY available via the Sky Sports app on Sky Q, Sky Glass, Sky Stream, via the mobile/tablet version of the Sky Sports app, and via NOW TV.

They cannot be watched via Sky Go so therefore cannot be viewed via games consoles, laptops or PCs.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Hadders85 This message was authored by: Hadders85

Are there any plans to put the sky sports mobile app on game consoles? 

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Hadders85 wrote:

Are there any plans to put the sky sports mobile app on game consoles? 

@Hadders85  Not currently 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by BASKERVILE This message was authored by: BASKERVILE

Xbox 360

Surely it’s got to be available on sky go as people pay for that but it’s free on sky sports app?

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Re: Xbox 360

@BASKERVILE wrote:

Surely it’s got to be available on sky go as people pay for that but it’s free on sky sports app?

Looks like Sky are not wanting it freely available on extra TVs ie via PC, Console etc...

The sport app is only available on mobile devices own screens so no casting etc...

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent - ASD )
This message was authored by BASKERVILE This message was authored by: BASKERVILE

Think I'm signed in to be fair haha 

Works on iPad tho 😕 

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@BASKERVILE wrote:

Works on iPad tho 😕 

iPads/tablets are classed as mobile devices, because they can be used outside the house 🙂

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent - ASD )

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion