Discussion topic: Sky Go demanding I authorise my iPad - it’s been using sky go for years! And I m stuck in Hospital.

This message was authored by BigBaldGuy This message was authored by: BigBaldGuy

Sky Go demanding I authorise my iPad - it’s been using sky go for years! And I m stuck in Hospital.

What on earth has happened to Sky Go.?

I've used that occasionally on my iPad over the years and it has always worked fine. I now find myself admitted to hospital with Hot ashes and was relying on Sky Go to watch the Formula One Grand Prix today.

I checked it out two days ago and it would not work. The app opens, the device settings in just fine, I can use the TV Guide or the on demand services to search for items, but no matter what I click on to play, I get a simple message returned which says "sorry something went . Your device needs to be authorised. Please ensure you are connected to the Internet and try again ".

I am on a very strong Wi-Fi signal which is streaming, iPlayer and everything else just fine, but I don't get sky sports F1 on there!

I called sky yesterday and literally spent almost 4 hours on the phone, just got passed backwards and forwards between 12 different people in that time, no one had a clue how to fix it. No one even spoke English as a first language and were all clearly based in foreign country call centres.

This is utter nonsense. I live in the UK, I speak the English language and I pay in British pounds yet they can't even provide basic support in the English language. It's an absolute disgrace. If. I buy something in Britain, I don't think it is unreasonable to expect British support.

It is now 2:45 pm and I have managed to miss the Grand Prix completely now,so I am absolutely livid. Given that sky sports for the snooker, golf and particularly the F1 is one of the main reasons I even have sky at all over the various other Freeview or lower priced options, I am seriously questioning my subscription. The skybox at home is flaky at the best as well and regularly needs to be disconnected from the power and reconnected and given at least three or four minutes to revert, probably once or more per month, as is the Sky Fibre router as it is very unreliable and prone to locks and crashes too. 

Has anyone got any idea how I can authorise my iPad and get it online for Sky Go meantime as it is an absolute lifeline when I am stuck in Hospital?

many thanks,

Barry

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky Go demanding I authorise my iPad - it’s been using sky go for years! And I m stuck in Hospit

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Are you using a VPN @BigBaldGuy because if you it will need disabling before you can use the Sky Go app.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion